The conductor was getting room keys for everybody in a pair so we stood around waiting. I spotted Colton and Elliot and headed towards them.

"Hey guys." I nodded my head at both of them.

Colton was on the phone with somebody but he nodded his head in acknowledgement. Elliot smiled, pulling me into a long awkward hug. "My dear RyRy, how are you? I've missed you oh so much!" He rubbed my head, trying to sooth me and I pulled away laughing.

"What the hell El?" I shook my head, a wide grin on my face.

"What? I'm just showing you how much I've missed you. I haven't seen you in forever!"

"No you haven't seen me in 30 minutes, which I'm starting to think it wasn't enough."

Before he could say anything the conductor had an announcement to make. "Please line up to collect your room key."

I searched for Dominic in the short crowd of people. I spotted him having a conversation with some girl.

Hmmm....

I approached them, slowly. The girl looked away from Dom to glance at me. I waved not knowing what else to say. "Um Dominic they got our keys."

He nodded, still not paying me any mind. Since I didn't want to be a burden and force him to leave the really gorgeous like-model, I just decided to walk away and go get the key myself.

My phone rang in my pocket and I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said into the phone, collecting the key that was on the counter.

"Teddy bear?"

I held my breath, my eyes going wide and I smiled. "Dad!"

He laughed into the phone, his deep voice filling my ears and making me want to cry out of how much I've missed him.

"Hey, um I just wanted to let you know that I'm leaving right now and I should be near the west Virginia train station no later than 5 pm."

I grabbed my duffle bag from the floor and headed towards the elevator. "Okay dad, I should be there around 4 or 5 since our train kind of broke down and we have to sleep at a hotel."

"What? Do you want me to just drive straight to where you are sweetie? It won't be a trouble at all."

I shook my head, but laughed silently when I realized he couldn't see me. "No no dad, I'm fine. We'll be leaving around 11 or 12 so I'll see you when we get there."

I heard another man's voice on the other line so I asked who it was. "Dad? Who is that?"

"Uh? Oh.. it's just Peter, you remember Peter right?" dad asked but then spoke to Peter again then came back to the phone, "oh and he says that his son is on his way to west Virginia too."

I scrunched up my face, curiously, about to ask him who his son was when Dominic came out of the elevator with his stuff in his hands. "Ryler, I'm sorry–"

"Ryler who is that?" My eyes went wide and I turned away from Dom.

"No one dad, who's his son?" I turned back to Dominic and mouthed a 'sorry' to him. He nodded understanding and stretched his hand out for the key.

I heard dad talking to Peter and then he came back to the phone. "His name is Dominic, I met him a few years ago but I guess it's been awhile and I can't wait to see him again. He's a really smart young gentlemen too, nice manners, gets good grades in school. Peter told me he was in Ohio looking for a school to apply to."

I was speechless and looked at Dominic mouth agape. "Dad can you hold on for a second?"

"Sure."

I entered the room and was surprised to see that it was really nice looking and clean. The two beds had white sheets covering it with white fluffy pillows. A tv stood on a dresser and there were about three lamps attached to the wall.

 A tv stood on a dresser and there were about three lamps attached to the wall

I set my stuff on the bed closest to the window. "Hello?" a voice said from my phone.

"Oh hey dad, so um is Peter's son supposed to be on the same train as mine?" I asked. I sat on the bed and looked at Dom who looked at me wide-eyed.

I covered the phone with my hand and looked up at him. "What is it?"

He didn't get the chance to say anything because his phone rang and he answered. "Hey dad."

I placed the phone into my ear and I could hear Peter talking to someone on the phone. "Dad am I on speaker phone?"

He laughed, "Of course you are teddy bear, I'm driving. Hey, I wanted to ask if your mom found out about this...plan of yours yet."

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Of course not Dad, but tomorrow, I'm gonna have to think of an excuse to give her because I told her I was helping Iowa pack for her NY trip."

"Wow kiddo. If she calls you, try not to answer and call me after she tries to call you. I'll call her to create a diversion or something. I got to go kiddo, see you. Love you."

I smiled, "Love you too dad, bye." I hung up the phone and plugged it into the wall since it was about to die.

I watched as Dom continued to talk to his dad, smiling every now and then at how cute he would occasionally roll his eyes at whatever his dad had to say. Then I thought about how my dad and his dad knew each other and cringed a little.

If dad ever found out I was sharing a room with a boy he would totally freak out.

Thanks for reading!😊