Afternoon

-amazing cover by KC_bear 💙

13:00

"So what do I owe the honor of you visiting this early afternoon my darling ?" Iowa's mother, Olivia, had said a few minutes after she let us in. "Iowa is in the shower so she'll be down in a few."

Yeah right.

She knew I was coming but wanted to avoid me because she knows how I am about my earbuds.

"What ? I can't visit my favorite person in the whole wide world ?" I said, kissing up her ass.

She rolled her eyes and waved me off. "Oh please. You're either here for the sleepover Iowa mentioned or Iowa had took something of yours very important without you knowing and you want it back."

"How'd you know ?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Well you spend so much time around my daughter, I have to pick up a few things and I noticed a lot of things," Olivia said winking, then looked behind me, "and who is this fine young gentleman ?"

I turned towards Dom, who smiled politely towards Olivia.

Damn. I forgot he was here.

I smiled, clearing my throat, "Um this is Dominic. Dominic, this is my best friend's mother, but also a second mother to me."

He extended his hand but Olivia politely dismissed it and pulled him into a brief hug.

"So nice to meet you sweetie."

Nic smiled, showing his cute dimples. "The pleasure is all mine."

Olivia returned his smile and then looked towards me. "He's got dimples too. Wow, Ryler he is such a keeper."

I felt my face begin to turn red and thanked the lord when I saw Iowa coming down the stairs in the same outfit from this morning.

Taking a shower huh.

Iowa smiled and pulled me into a hug. "RYLER! Oh how I've missed you so much! And omg... who is this cutie ?"

She pulled away from me and stood in front of Dominic. "Hi. I'm Iowana but everyone calls me Iowa."

Dominic smiled, nervously. "Um hi. I'm Dominic but everyone calls me Dom. Nice to meet you."

I chuckled a little at Nic's uncomfortable posture and pulled him away from Iowa and headed upstairs towards her bedroom.

"HEY! Come back here Ry!"

I ignored her protests and continued guiding myself up her stairs.

Let me just tell you: Iowana is not the only person in this house besides her mother and father. She has a total of 10 other people living with her excluding herself and her parents. But the worse part of it all, her room just had to be the one at the top of her 3-story house.

So I kept the harsh comments to myself and began climbing the second flight of stairs to her room. Little did I know I was still holding Nic's hand.

I looked back at him to see him staring intensely at my butt. I blushed profoundly.

His hand felt so rough wrapped around my small, soft ones. Heat radiated through my entire body and I immediately felt a swarm of butterflies in my stomach. My face was still a crimson color as we finally reached the top of the stairs. "Hey, can you wait right here for a sec ?"

Dominic nodded, "Sure."

I stepped inside my best friend's room and began searching for my earbuds. I ended up finding her "lost" ones under her bed which she thoroughly needs to take time and clean. I looked up and spotted my left earbud piece sticking outside of her pillow.