Evening

-gif of Iowana

22:00

We silently stepped out the car and headed inside the train station. Dominic kept his distance from me and I respected that. After all, I didn't quite know him as much.

But can't a girl be a little curious?

We passed the guy behind the desk and headed towards a lounge area where we could sit and watch tv or play an arcade game they had to the side.

I watched as a boy about Dominic's age sat down close to Iowa, followed by another guy. From the corner of my eye, I could see her already poking out her chest and using her seductive charm to win their desire.

Now let's get this straight. I am not saying that my best friend is a whore or a thot or whatever but she is definitely not a virgin.

I remember the day she told me she had lost her virginity to her boyfriend Kyle our sophomore year.

"Ry, oh my gosh! I have something to tell you." Iowa said as she pulled me away from my locker and into the janitor's closet.

I looked at her shocked to see tears forming in her eyes. "Iowa... what's wrong? Did something happen between you and Kyle last night?"

She nodded, covering her mouth as she choked out a sob. "W-we um d-did something together," she began, taking a seat on an upside-down bucket, "I-I... I lost my virginity last night Ryler..."

Iowa looked up at me as a tear rolled down her cheek. I reached my hand down towards her to wipe it away.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing because I'm not sure..."

"It's a good thing for me but maybe a bad one for you, because I know how you wanted us to lose it together when we were a little older. And believe me, I was going to, but then I just couldn't help myself and right now I just want my best friend to comfort me in a time of need."

Her voice sounded hoarse and wanting to comfort her, I kneeled down in front of her and pulled her into my arms as she continued to cry silently.

I know later on, she will tell me the rest but right now, I should just be there for her and pray that nothing was forced upon her.

I shook myself from my reminiscing and decided to take a walk around the building. I noticed that Dominic was no longer beside me and Iowa had moved to a more private and suitable place for her to 'get to know' the guy she was flirting with.

I turned away from them and caught eye contact with Dominic who seemed to have a tang of guilt flash in the depth of his pretty green-blue-hazel-ish eyes. I approached him slowly, not sure of what to say, other than sorry.

"Um Dominic, I'm sorry for...um you know... I'm sorry for asking that question about your ex. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or remind you of something that obviously pains you to think about. I was just curious but I guess we know why curiosity killed the cat... not that I'm suggesting you would kill me or a cat but that–"

Dominic pulled me into his arms and wrapped his warm strong arms around my waist. I felt him breath me in and let out a frustrated sigh then immediately pulled away before I could even hug him back.

He gave me a small smile. "It's okay. I'm sorry for the way I reacted. It's just that it hurts and angers me for someone to ask about her, about us..."

I nodded and not having anything particular to comment, I stepped away from him, not before he grabbed ahold of my arm.

"She cheated on me with my best friend."

I cringed a little and placed my hand on the crook of his arm. "I'm sorry Dominic but you really don't–"

He placed his calloused finger upon my lips to silence me. "I want to." I nodded and grabbed his hand and took us to a nearby bench. I made sure that I could still see Iowa from where we were sitting.

I squeezed his hand a little, signaling him that I was ready to listen.

"My best friend was a girl. She cheated on me with a girl." he chuckled coldly and shook his head as I looked at him, his whole demeanor as stiff as it could be. "I found it so funny at first because I knew how much my best friend, Sindy had an eerie sight for girls."

Does he have a problem with lesbians ?

I gave him a questionable gaze and let go of his hand. he looked at me, eyes wide and shook his head frantically, "Wait, no I don't mean it like that! It's just that she was the bdsm type and sometimes the guys she was with would have slight bruises that no one could notice but I somehow did. Then I noticed how she would act around certain girls and those same girls had bruises around their neck or wrist and probably other parts of their bodies." He opened his duffle bag and took a bottle of water out. " So when I came home to our apartment to find my ex, Heather, tied to our bed post and Sindy between her legs, I just bursted out in laughter."

He smiled, looking down then back up at me, taking ahold of my hand again. "It was weird at first. Having to see your best friend naked in front of your ex, especially between her legs. That, I'm afraid, is a sight I didn't seem to get out of my head for a while." He took a big gulp of water down his throat, his adams apple going up and down.

Suddenly I had a strange urge to lick it. So I did, I reached up and placed my lips on his neck and licked my way up to his adams apple.

But of course, that didn't happen.

Dominic closed the cap to his water bottle and put it back in the bag, zipping it back.

"So I kicked her out not wanting to listen to her apologies or how much she regretted it because I knew she didn't. I stopped talking to Sindy after that and she didn't even apologize either, which I didn't really expect. She was never much of a person who showed remorse, probably why we immediately stopped talking after that."

I squeezed his hand and looked up at him as he turned to me. I smiled at him and then looked to see if Iowa was still where we left her, which she was. She caught me watching her and winked at me and turned towards her new friend who actually seemed genuinely interested in her in a non-whore-ish way. Like he actually wanted to get to know her.

I turned back towards Dominic. "So what happened next."

This time he let go of my hand to run it through his hair, and squirmed uncomfortably.

And here comes the bad part.

Thanks for reading.  By the way, I've decided to end my chapters with a right side written text, like this one lol😄 Cool right?