Ian was looking for an opportunity. But, she was too engrossed talking to all her friends but him. So, when he did, he grabbed it. When he saw Samantha sauntered in the direction of the kitchen, he excused himself and followed her.

He walked straight to the kitchen,n where she had disappeared a moment ago. Without letting anyone see him going behind her, he sneaked into the kitchen. He wanted to apologize to her. He never got any opportunity to apologize properly. But looking at her she won’t listen to a few years, overdue apology, today either. 

. . .

Once Samantha reached the kitchen counter, she let out a breath she was holding and steadied herself. Then, she started decorating a tray with drinks. She doesn't want to go back just yet, so she bid her time staying in the kitchen and helped in serving the drinks.

“Mind if I help you?” She heard him asking. She flinched at his voice.

Samantha was facing her back, when he asked her. She could never forget that voice, even in her dream. Ian’s deep sensual voice, that seemed to instantly heat her with warmth, she found oddly disconcerting. But she was furious. He had the audacity to come and talk to her, now. What happened yesterday? How could he just come and talk to her after being missing from hr life her for so many years. And that was his decision, which she never understood until now.

And, what no greeting again!!! Have we gone past hi and hello!!!

She startled, when he came behind her ,closing the distance.

“Did I scare you? I’m sorry” Ian was standing behind her. If he want, he could just extend his hand and touch her, but he wasn't sure of her reaction.

He took a step closer, smelling her perfume, inebriating to his soul. He closed his eyes trying to  memorized and imprint it to his mind.

She placed the tray on the counter, in the fear that she might drop it. His proximity was infectious. She still had a good hold if it. She had work to do. 

She felt his breath on her neck. She closed her eyes, feeling the warmth radiating from his body. Then, suddenly she turned, with the half filled tray, accompanied by a startled gasp, her eyes locked to his.

He was standing very close to her, almost touching her. His closeness was not bothering her as much as, his curious eyes were scanning her face for some answers. Answers to questions he didn’t asked yet and she didn't reply to any of his, either.

He was trying to read any emotion from her face.  His eyes were fixed on her for more than required.

. . .

Ian pinned her with his stare and wanted nothing more to pull her up to him and feel her body pressed up against his.

Her brow knitted in confusion. “No, I don’t mind” She said, dejectedly answering his previous question and leaving no space for more question.

He could sense a ‘but’ in there, knowing fully well that she was not easy to persuade. Her stubbornness would never allow her to let it go. She was always so feisty and stubborn, when it came to express her opinion. He was aware that, how well she had managed to hide her feeling for him until that day. But it was not a very pleasant memories. When he was made to realize her feeling, all he did was crushed her heart and walked away from her seven years ago. That was all total a different story and he never intended to repeat. He was helpless and it was not in his hands to fix it. Circumstances had it against him.

 . . . 

She tried to move, to get a hold of the tray. She tried to step back, but his hold on her arm prevented any escape. She felt herself being pulled towards him.