Chapter One

-Welcome to my new book! I came up with this idea while watching a movie and I started thinking: what if that wasn't a contract for a relationship but for a marriage and he doesn't want the girl? Well I have turned my new idea into a book. I hope you all like it! I am NOT copying a movie, the idea was inspiring and I turned it into my own. My characters do not match nor does the story line.

Damn it! I can't find my hair tie. Shit! I'm going to be late if I can't find it. I rush into the bathroom and sigh in relief that I finally found it. I brushed out my long brown hair again and put it up in a pony tail. I looked at myself in the run down bathroom mirror and sighed.

I grabbed my back and start walking to work. I worked two jobs. I worked at a strip club and a gas station. I've been on my own since I was fifteen. The government tried to send me to a foster home but I ran. I finished high school on my own and worked hard to live in my apartment. My mom left after I was born and my father got himself killed when I was fifteen. I've worked at the gas station since then and the strip club since I turned nineteen. I didn't strip, well very often. When we were really short staffed I would put on a wig and get up there and strip. Only to save the strip club. I was a waitress there. My bosses treated me good at both jobs.

I walked until I came up to the Gas Station. I looked at it for a moment than headed inside. I went to the back room and put my jacket up and my bag. I went up to the front and started my shift.

After work it was about six. I had an hour until my next shift at the strip club. I put on my jacket and grabbed my bag. I grabbed out a half eaten granola bar. I started walking. I wasn't that tired but these jobs helped me live. They helped me pay for things, barley though.

I got to the strip club and changed into my black shorts and my black belly, strapless shirt. I started my shift. I went over to my section. "Hi, I'm Serena. I'll be your waitress if you'd like anything at all. Here's own menu's." I handed the two guys each a menu.

"How about you, doll?" The younger looking one smirked. "Now how did you fit those tits into such a small shirt?"

I rolled my eyes. "Look do you want anything or not?" I snapped.

"Fuck. Just get me a beer." He said while checking me out.

"I'll have the same," The other guy said. I went over to the bar and poured two glass of beer and gave them to the two guys. The younger one smacked my ass.

"I am not some sex doll you can touch whenever you feel like it! I am a human being! You have no right to touch me! Cut it out before I go get my boss." I growled at him and went over to the bar and sat down.

"Rough night, Babe?" Lauren asked. She was my only friend. She worked as a bartender here.

"Yeah," I replied. "Guys are pigs, Laur."

"I know, but you could always tell one of the guys or Dex." Dex was our boss. He wouldn't put up with guys trying to touch his employees.

"I know. I know. I'll be back. Some guy in a suit just went to my section." I said as I was getting up. "Maybe I'll get a good tip." I went over to the table and took out my little notepad. "I'm Serena. I'll be your waitress if you'd like anything."

"A glass of your most expensive red wine." He said with a hard look on his face.

I went over to the bar and got the wine. I brought it over to him. "Is that everything?"

"Do you know the name of the girl on the stage now?" I looked to the stage and seen Sally. I almost rolled my eyes.

"Sally." Slutty Sally. She had two breast implant surgeries, a tummy tuck, and she screwed any guy that she found was slightly attractive in any way.

At the end of the night I had only made a hundred dollars in tips. I put on my jacket and walked home. I opened my apartment door and went straight to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and undressed. I got in the shower and let the warm water fall on me. It felt so good.

I got out and wrapped a towel around my body and went to my small bedroom. It had a bed and a dresser. I dropped my towel and got into shorts and a tanktop. I got into bed a threw the covers over me. Tonight I wasn't going to think of crying. I wasn't going to cry myself to sleep. And I didn't.

**********

My alarm went off and I rolled over and fell onto the floor. "Fuck!" I yelled. I shut my alarm off and got my work clothes on. I only had the gas station to work at today. I brushed out my hair but didn't put it up today. I went to work and started my day. When I got finished I went to pay my landlord my rent for this month since I just got paid.

"Serena, thank you. I also let a tall dark haired man into your apartment. He said he was family." My Landlord told me. Family? I had no family.

"Alright." I said and went up to my apartment. I unlocked the door and went inside. There stood a tall, gorgeous man in a suit. Well if he says he's family, he must be family. I mean I wouldn't mind having him. "Who are you? Why are you in my apartment?"

"You're Serena Johnson? Right?" The tall gorgeous man asked while the other stood there.

"Who's asking?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm Jason Manning." He looked at me.

"More detail please?" I honestly had no idea who he was. But he was hot.

"Billionaire, CEO." I tried to think. Nothing. Oh well.

"Yeah whatever. Why are you here?" I closed my door and waited for his answer.

"I want you to be my wife. For one year."

What the fuck? No. "Yeah no." I said and left my apartment.

~Here's the first chapter. More to come! Please COMMENT, VOTE, and SHARE! Thanks so much for reading!
💋