Thirty One.

A/N: I LOVE YOU PEOPLE AND YOU HAVE MADE ME WHO I AM TODAY!!! Never forget how much I love you ❤️❤️❤️

We all collapsed into my lounge, breathing heavily. Danny's eyes were completely glazed over, and I could tell that he was completely out of it. I sighed and shook my head, thinking about the three years that Alice was gone. I'd been like him.

To be honest, I still was. Four days ago I'd been out of my mind on LSD. What had seriously changed in those three days? Alice was a temporary fix, but demons can't hide forever. They'd resurface, and when they did I'd have to pray that it wouldn't cost me my Chickie again.

My freezing fingers dug into the rough, black fabric of the couch as Jack spoke up. "We should celebrate. You know, having the gang back together and whatnot."

"By doing what?" Brandon asked absent-mindedly, flicking Danny, who was laying next to him staring into space.

"I don't know. Just... I don't know. Having fun, I guess." Jack shrugged and looked at me. "You'd be up for a couple beers, right?"

"No!" I grabbed Alice's hand. "Not after the last time."

"Danny? You wanna drink?" Jack asked.

"I'm up for anything..." Danny's eyes didn't move. He looked like he was sleeping. "I'm literally on top of the world, dude. Literally. The world. Drinking is no big deal."

We all gulped and looked at each other.

"You okay, man?" I held Alice's hand tighter. There wasn't a reply, so I bit my lip awkwardly. "Anyway... I'm not drinking." I decided.

"Me neither." Alice piped up. I squeezed her hand.

"Well. I am." Jack shrugged. I gave him a look. "I won't get drunk! I promise you, bro."

"You better hope that you don't." I raised my eyebrows.

"Chill." Brandon winked. "I'll go get some beer from the kitchen. Imma drink too."

I frowned disapprovingly and rolled my eyes. "Go on then."

Brandon grinned at me and disappeared into the kitchen, with Jack and Alice soon behind him. I glanced over at Danny. His eyes were blurred and mixed. He looked glazed over, and I stood up to go and sit with him.

"What's up, Danny-Boy?" I asked him.

"Nothing. Chilling with the wind, you know what I'm saying?" He replied.

"How are things going for you?" I hid my concern as best I could.

"The darkness is carrying me. You need to really bury your problems, right?" He spoke slowly.

"You're not talking sense, dude." I said uncomfortably.

For a moment, Danny looked almost sober. "I hope you know that I appreciate you talking to me and stuff. You just don't give up, but you never discuss your problems. It's weird. You're just so... Selfless."

"Yeah... I still want you around." I said, looking at the floor.

"I just wish that everything could be back how it was before, you know... I was on hardcore shit. I regret making all these shitty decisions. Look at me. I'm not Danny anymore." His eyes flashed a slight sense of pain and emotion, which I hadn't seen for a while.

"You've got it under control, Dan. You have." I lied.

"Yeah," he laughed. "I'm so under control. You realise from my point of view right now you look like you're purple. And everything looks like it's under water. I can't think anymore."

"I..." I tried to think of something good to say.

"It's not under control. It's a fucking addiction." Danny spat. He stood up and took himself to the door. Danny nodded his head to me and opened the front door. "You kids have fun. I'm going to go. I've got people to see."

"You sure you don't want to stay?" I asked.

"Nah. I'll be fine. See you later, dude." Danny smiled.

"Alright. Keep out of trouble." I said it casually but I was begging inside.

He chuckled. "It's hard when you're high on LSD and weed at the same time." Before I could say anything else, he winked at me. "Bye, Corey." He slammed the door, leaving me there in a stunned silence.

Little did I know that was the last time I'd ever see my childhood friend like that again.