Chapter 13

The bell had finally rung. At first I was nervous and then I was irritated because then I remembered who it was that got me this detention and that I was spending it with him. A scowl made its way onto my face and I crossed my arms.

“Since I don’t have any work for the two of you to do, you can just sit there and be quiet for the hour.” Mr. M said gathering papers on his desk. “I’ll be in and out of the room so I’ll be periodically checking on you.” He eyed us both suspiciously. With that said he walked out of the room. He poked his head back in for a second. “Oh and Ms. Carson could you pick up all those paper balls.” I turned around facing Nathan so that I could glare at him.

“This is all your fault you know. I wouldn’t be here if you would just stop bothering me. I could be on my way home.” I told him angrily. I got out of my sit and started to pick up the paper balls.

“Why don’t you open one up?” He raised his eyebrow with a smirk on his face. I opened one and all it said was hi. I opened the other five. They all said the same thing. I can’t believe this is why I have detention. Because Nathan wanted to say hi, of all things!! I tore up the paper in my hands. I was so furious with him right now. I just wanted to strangle him. I breathed deeply in and out for a few seconds and then gathered up all the papers, walked to the trashcan, and threw them away. I made my way back to my seat, glaring at him. All the while he just kept that stupid smirk on his face. I put my head down on the desk sideways so that I could look outside and at least somewhat enjoy being here. “Hey Diamond!” He called to me. I simply ignored him like I tried to do in class. Of course He couldn’t just leave me in peace. “Diamond! Hey Diamond!” Suddenly I heard him right next to me, tapping me on the shoulder. I just stayed where I was. But of course he can’t lose so he just stands in front of where I was staring. I sighed, looking up at him.

“What?”

“Hi.” He said smiling.

“Why do you feel the need to bother me so much?”

“Because it’s fun.” He laughed. I scowled at him. “What’s your middle name?”

“Why should I tell you?”

“Because I don’t want to call you Diamond like everyone else.” He stared at me with his amazing blue eyes. Even I couldn’t deny that he had the most gorgeous eyes but I wasn’t gonna fall into the trap like every other girl.

“Then I guess you’ll just have to come up with something yourself then because I’m not telling you my middle name.” I looked away from him crossing my arms.

“You’re so stubborn.” He chuckled. “I guess I’ll have to call you….”He paused. “Sweetheart.” I stared at him, my mouth agape.

“You can NOT call me that!”

“Why not?”

“I don’t like names that represent affection and before you ask I’m not telling you why.” Why does he ask so many questions?

“Fine Doll. No promises though.” He winked at me. “So why did you run out of your house the other day? Why did you have a bruise on your cheek?”

“Stop asking me so many damn questions! I don’t like you and I don’t know you! I’m not telling you anything about me!” I yelled in his face. “If it weren’t for you I could have been at home and not scared of going home late! If it weren’t for you I wouldn’t be afraid of what my father will do to me because I’m late getting home.” His eyes widened and his mouth opened slightly. When I realized what I said my eyes widened. I can’t believe I just said that. Once Nathan was over the initial shock he looked at me with the softest eyes. He looked at me with pity and I think I saw….anger. I couldn’t tell though because it was quickly gone. I looked down at my hands. I can’t believe that came out of my mouth. I let my hair cover my face.

“Does your dad-“

“No!” I interrupted him. “I just don’t want to be yelled at and grounded for getting detention.” I said still not looking at him.

“Doll…” his voice was soft and sounded like he cared about me. I whipped my head towards him, glaring.

“Shut up. Don’t even finish that thought. My home life is perfectly fine and none of your concern.” I shot at him. He raised his hand and I couldn’t help the flinch that came in response. He lowered his hand back to his side and looked at me with sad eyes.

“Hey kids,” Mr. M poked his head back in the door. “You guys can go. You’ve been here long enough.”  I knew he probably just wanted to go home but I took this opportunity. I quickly grabbed my things and ran out of the room.

“Diamond!” I heard Nathan yell after me but I just pushed myself harder down the hallway knowing it would be useless. After a few more steps I felt him grab my arm.  I didn’t look at him as I kept pulling to get away. My hair surrounded my face. “Diamond.” He pushed me against the wall. I kept my head down so he couldn’t see the tears that had leaked out of my eyes. He put his hand under my chin and I cowered away from him. He let go of my arm. I looked up at him. He looked hurt and tried again to touch my face but I cowered away again with my arms over my head. He pulled me into his arms. I collapsed into him crying. He stumbled back but regained his balance and tightened his arms around me.

__________________________

I know I took a long time to upload this chapter and I'm sorry but I was torn between ideas and I know the ending is kind of abrupt for this chapter but I like it. I send my love to all my fans or anyone who is reading. Until next time. <3