Chapter 7~ Saving Uncle Iroh

I was up on the front deck alone for once. Well besides having Zuko on your back 24/7 and he still was in my sight. Always giving me menacing stares if I so happened to cough wrong or ask to go alone somewhere. I felt like some witch from a fairytale really. But I am somewhat glad I don't have guards on my rear always holding me back. This morning I fussed all day making sure to wake up extra early so I can beg for Zuko to let me wander free. Did it take long for him to say fine? Yes yes it did, so very long I thought I was going to break down and forget about the whole goal I was aiming for and be grabbed roughly by those guards. It sickens me still thinking about it. But eventually Iroh came along and backed me up with the idea. Finally cornering Zuko he gave up and made it official that I shouldn't be held guard anymore, but I was still a prisoner aboard the ship.

Looking out to the open I noticed we had entered the earth kingdoms territory. It went unnoticed though from the rest of the crew. Finding Zuko staring out into a telescope built into the ship I headed towards him. My feet hardly making any sound against the metal floor. "Any ideas till where we are headed?" Staring at him he took a long time to answer his eyes still peering out of the telescope. In return I gazed at his side profile. I can see his scar completely now, it was quite obvious it was marked by another firebender. It must've happened when he was younger. His menacing gaze and strong build did make him look intimidating to any passerby, but  for some unknown reason it made me intrigued as if I was being lured into knowing his past. I did find him quite mysterious and his past did peek my curiosity. Snapping me out of my thoughts he glanced at me from his telescope and spoke in his kind of raspy voice, it did suit him though. "Considering you are the messiah and friends of the avatar it shouldn't surprise you, that we are looking for them." He then glanced back at his telescope changing directions here and then. Sighing I leaned against the rails built on the edge of the whole ships front deck. Leaning on it and crossing my arms just a few feet away from Zuko. To be honest I have no idea what in the world I'm doing. I'm literally only a few feet away from my suppose to be enemy. Don't get me wrong he's not my friend, and he has no intention of letting me go. After all I am the messiah and he is the fire nations prince. He has to take me there. It's a burden I suppose. Not only me but also Aang who he so much desires to capture. Not taking me in first is still beyond me. Yet here I am the powerful messiah, leaning on the rail staying calm approximately 20 inches away from Zuko. I should be afraid, I should be angry, I should be trying every fiber in my being to escape and find Aang and tell him everything I know from staying here. Yet I stood frozen in my spot not making a move to do any of that. I wanted to slap my self. I want to kill him. Still, I can't bring myself to. Gripping the metal rails and bringing my head back in distress I sighed. "You know Zuko.." My voice trailed off and landed on nothing but the wind getting pushed to who knows where. The very prince I called too was now standing straight his full height visible as he stared at me with one eyebrow up in confusion, yet he had his arms crossed and looked impatient as he stared at me. "Spit it out." Copying his stance I stared back up at him. "So you where listening after all? I thought you'd forget I was even here, isn't that what you want, just to keep me sealed until you find Aang and throw us in the hands of your father?" A flash of regret instantly met my face when I blurted those words out. His facial expression turned sour as he looked hurt. Why do I have to blurt unnecessary things out? If Zuko did deeply feel guilty then he wouldn't be so fast to change his appearance and tone. "Stay out of my way." Turning he made his way down the bridge that must've dropped down when I was busy telling him off. I made sure to take a few steps back as he walked past me not wanting to get roughly pushed aside. I looked to the ground in sadness. And I thought I was getting on his good side until I smashed my only chance.

Huffing I went to the side of the ship and sat down criss crossed style. Bringing one leg out I stared at my tattoo. Why did he give me my powers back? Did he take them from me? But why, why did I just suddenly lose them for a short time and then given them back. It confused me greatly. I really wish I had a mentor to teach me this stuff. Did I do something wrong? I could go into the spirit world and ask Zin myself, but that leaves my body here and I don't want to wait to find out what would happen to it if I wasn't here to see. Shivers went through my back as I thought of the idea. My fingers trailed down the dragon. I still don't know why no one has surrounded me with questions about it. I mean it's not everyday you see a teenager walking around with a huge tattoo on their leg. Closing my eyes and inhaling I tried to find a calm side to enter the spirit world. ...