Chaotic Sanity - part 6

Eli walked up to Fiona and Holly J confused and troubled. Two days ago he had gotten into a tussle with Imogen’s dad and suddenly it felt like Imogen was a stranger and not the girl who he thought he knew so well. “Fiona!”

“Mr. Goldsworthy, you know Holly J right?” Fiona put her hand on Holly J’s shoulder and turned to him smiling. Holly J waved and took a sip of her water.

“Yes, hi, look Fiona I need your help.” Eli stared at them and could sense they were worried.

“What’s wrong?” Fiona said worried.

“I got into a…fight with Imogen’s dad and I don’t know we haven’t talked since. What do I do?”

“Wait…like an actual fight?” Holly J said joining the conversation.

“Yes, an actual fight.”

“Well…I guess the only thing I could say is pretend it never happened?” Holly J and Eli looked at Fiona confused.

“What?” Holly J friendly scoffed.

“Yeah, I agree with her. What?”

“Look, Imogen is…how should I put it, crazy. But she really likes you and maybe if you pretend like it never happened and play it cool everything will be alright.” Fiona looked as their confused expressions dropped.

“I guess that makes sense.” Holly J said taking another sip of her water. “Well I think I’d better go to the nurse.”

“You have the flu or something?” Eli said looking at the strawberry blonde teen wince and hold her stomach.

“No…kidney problems. Ugh I have that disgusting taste in my mouth. I’ll see you guys later,” she patted Fiona’s back and ran holding her mouth and stomach.

Eli and Fiona started walking. “Eli I meant to tell you I can’t do the auditions. I have to help with the fashion show and check up on Holly J.”

“Understandable. Don’t worry I’ll take care of the auditions.” Eli smiled. “So this…play it cool thing, how does it work?”

“It’s pretty easy Goldsworthy. Just don’t bring it up and pretend that it never happened. Go with the flow.”

“Go with the flow? Not exactly what I’ve been doing these past few years.”

“Well it’s a first time for everything right?” Fiona laughed and politely nudged him.

__________________________________________________

Imogen sat on the bench and looked at her vile. She hadn’t seen this vile for months. She kept it in her dresser and never took it out. It was her poison. But she needed. She knew she couldn’t face Eli or her parents without them for the time being. She took a pill from the vile and swallowed it with a swig of water. As usual the pill kicked in quick and made her more kooky and hyper than she already was. She tossed the vile in her bag and picked up her Love Roulette script. She stayed up all night reading it getting emotional at some of the parts. She heard a laugh from someone passing by, but not just any laugh it was Eli’s. Her medicated heart couldn’t take it and she jumped at the chance to talk to him.

“Eli I just read your pages for the new page. They were so, so good. The words hit me right here.” Imogen took Eli’s hand and put it on her heart. “Did you feel that? That’s my heart.”

Eli looked at Fiona and back at Imogen. Fiona shot him a look telling him to go with the flow. “I’m going to need that back Imogen.”

Imogen let go of Eli’s hand. “I just wanted to ask you who you saw in the role of Clara. Anyone in drama class cross your mind?”