Chapter 4

In evening Manik decided to have coffee and he went to the nearby café. Manik sat down on a window side table, the outside view was amazing.

He heard a familiar melodic voice, " Good evening sir, May I take your order?" and turned. He was flabbergasted to see Nandini in a waitress dress. In that dress also, she was looking pretty.

M- Nandini what are you doing here?

Even Nandini was also shocked to see him but she composed herself.

N- I work here.

M- Nandini, you look pretty in this dress. Making her blush.

M- Would you like to have coffee with me?

N-I will have break in 15 minutes.

M- no problem I will wait.

N- What order should I place for you?

M (smilingly)- I will place my order after 15 minutes.

Nandini gave him small smile and went to serve other customers. After 15 minutes, she came back and sat with Manik. They placed their order.

M- It feel so good to have coffee with a friend.

Nandini felt happy to be around him. They did some chit chat. Waitress placed the bill.

N- I will pay my bit.

M- I will pay it, since I asked you to join me and no more arguments.

Manik paid the bill, he saw sulking Nandini with cute pout on face sitting there, with her arms crossed on her chest.

M- ok now stop sulking, next time when you invite me, I will let you pay.

N (excitedly)- Really?

M (nodded)- Yes.

N-ok done, tomorrow same time same place.

M(smilingly)- ok done.

Nandini stood up and was about to leave, manik held her hand.

M- Nandini, whenever you need any help, I am right here. He said these words honestly looking into her eyes.

N(smile)- I know.

Manik left from there as nandini still had time to finish her shift.

After 2 hours, Nandini finished her shift and changed into her dress. When she stepped out, she saw Manik was still there.

N- What are you doing here?

M- I was waiting for my friend, did you see my friend, her name is Nandini Murthy? (looking around).

N(raising brow)- and that is me Manik Malhotra.

M- oh but where is my friend's smile.

He started finding in his pockets.

N- Manik. She playfully hit on his arm.

N- seriously, tell me why are you here?

M-I thought for going on walk with my friend.

Nandini nodded & both started walking.

M (confused) - Nandini, you never told me anything about your parents.

Nandini sighed and took a deep breath- I was 5, when they left me. And tears started flowing from her eyes. Manik wiped her tears.

M( guilty)- I am sorry Nandini I didn't mean to hurt you.

N-you know I don't even remember my parent's face, I have to look at their photos to keep their faces afresh. Manik, my parents do not live with me but they are always with me. See

Nandini pointed towards the two shinning stars in the sky.

Manik hugged her tightly and whispered in her ear- Nandini, you are very brave, always smiling and making others happy. No one would have thought that you have such a painful past. After breaking the hug he said- But I won't show any sympathy, I will only say that I will always be by your side, it is my promise.

Nandini looked at him, his words deeply touched her.

.....................

That's all for today lovely readers

Thanks for ur support

Do☆★and comments it will encourage us.

By

Starwillshine★★★

Anuskha♥♥♥