xix.

Dear Florence,

You've been asleep for a whole week, the doctors had to put you in an induced coma. Why did you do what you did? I'm so sorry, this is my fault, it's my entire fault. I shouldn't have even left you, I'm so, so, so, so, so, sorry. 

I found your letters too, I've read them over and over again until I have them all memorised. Please, don't leave me. I came back for you, I'm here now. I'm sorry for leaving after our argument, I was just so mad. You didn't even do anything, I was the one who cheated on you. You had every right to be mad. 

Every day I would look at the pictures of us throughout the years, and I'd sit there and cry. I was so mad for leaving you, but I was too ashamed to come back. Did you know I went to live with my grandma for those four and a half months? I was safe, but you weren't, no, you weren't safe from your own self.

I can't say sorry enough. I know this is all my fault.

There isn't much I can say, right now, Flo. I missed you so goddamn much whilst I was gone, you have no idea. I feel so, so terrible because of what I did and why I left. I know I shouldn't have left, but I did and I know I'm an idiot.

You might not even want to talk to me when you wake up, if you even wake up. But I'm keeping the optimism alive, so when you wake up, I'll hold you again and I'll shower you with kisses, with the love you deserve so much. I'm here now.

I love you to the moon and back, my princess. 

Love,
Luke.

P.S I'll spend my entire life making up for what I did.