Chapter 35

Mikoto pov 

     Burning. Everything was burning. The buildings that were made of glass, shattered under the intense heat of the red flame. HOMRA was on fire, the streets, the houses, everything. I looked around, but all I could see were the red flames. I could feel myself begin to sweat, it was hot and nerve wracking.  I then felt a searing pain wrap around my torso. I looked around ready to punch whoever it was, but stopped when familiar mercury eyes met mine. Long strands of rich black hair was charred near the tips, her clothes were burned near the tips, and I watched as the ember ate the cloth away. Her arms were charred black, with the embers burning away more skin. Her face had a huge a charred mark that started from one cheek and ended at the other, going over her nose. Her mouth was moving, but no words came out. I hugged her, I could feel the burn wherever I touched her. I was burning her to death, but yet I couldn't let go. I felt her small charred hands touch my burning cheek, and finally heard her loud and clear. 

        "Wake up, Mikoto." 

      I woke up against the wall of the prison I was in. Reisi was holding my head, and he looked a bit pissed. 

     "Good morning." I said just to see if it would piss him off a bit more. I saw a flicker of irritation cross his eyes and smirked in victory. 

     "Your sleeping habits are deplorable, Suoh." He released my head as he fixed his glasses. 

     "Ah, is that so?" I yawned, shaking off the nightmare. Reisi gave me a cold look,"Your clansmen are up to no good. It really reflects off their King." I shrugged. 

      "What are you planning on doing, Suoh?" He brought his face closer to intimidate me. I smirked,"What do you mean?" 

      "All this effort for a person that didn't kill your clansmen, what is the point?" I released a bit of my aura,"It's the fact that he shot them and tried to kill them." 

      "You're Damocles Sword can't handle anymore. I'm trying to prevent another incident, and you're not helping in the slightest." 

      "Since when do you care about my Damocles Sword?" 

     "The moment it started chipping. Are you trying to have a repeat of the Kagatsu Crater Incident?" He said harshly. I only looked at him,"I just want to catch the bastard that shot my clansmen." 

     "Then I will stop you from destroying Shizume city, even if it means killing you." 

     "Have fun with that." I slid back until I was completely resting on the bench. I could hear the bars open and closed, enveloping me in silence again. 

       Anna pov (This is a first ;p)  

     I watched as Shizuka's red only grew stronger, and more beautiful. Other colors mixed with it, but the red stood out the most. I knew of her secret the moment I saw her. I knew her connection to the Dresdan Slate the moment I saw her red. Her existence was capable of turning Shizume city upside down. Yet here she was, living as peacefully as she could. 

     It was no secret that she was hurting. Although, everyone thought it was just because that Mikoto wasn't here. She was fighting a losing battle with the Slate. Every now and then, she would flinch at nothing, or grit her teeth in silent agony. Her eyes were always closed, except when we out. She was starting to fall apart, much like Mikoto's sword. 

      "Shizuka," She hummed to show she was listening to me. We were in her room, lying underneath her red canopy. She was hugging the red lion and was laying on her side, faint me. I was in the same position as her, with red eyes looking at the hidden mercury ones. 

      "Why do you have your eyes closed now?" She slowly opened her eyes, revealing the swirling silver orbs. She took in a breath," Because what's the point of looking at something when there is no color for it?" I felt my eyes widened as I remembered that even with the marbles I showed her how to make, she couldn't see the color. Mikoto and the other Kings were her only source of color. She continued to look at me, probably enjoying the red color my eyes were. She then gave a small smile. She brought one of her dainty hands and placed it gently on the back on my head. I understood the message and scooted closer, suffocating the red lion. In the end, she had both arms wrapped around me, as if to shield me from her incoming fate. Next to Mikoto, she was the seconds warmest person. She held me as an older sister would do to a distraught younger one. As a mother holding her child for a nap. She stroked my hair, calmly taking out the little knots in it. 

      "Anna," I looked at her mercury eyes. 

     "Don't you worry your little mind over something little, it's not good for your young age." She murmured. My eyes widened and I slowly nodded. I could feel myself start to drift into the abyss of my dreams, and the last thing I saw where the mercury eyes that Mikoto came to love. 

 This is getting kinda sad don't you guys think? Sorry about that. 

                                                                                                       Luv U All!!!!!! 

                                                                                                                       - Chizuru ;p