Sparked - Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

The anger that was about to boil over overtook the confusion. My eyes narrowed as I grabbed the nearest water bottle and chucked it down at his man business area. He leaned forward and groaned, clutching himself as he let go of me finally. I picked up my lunch bag and stomped, out of the lunch room. I needed quiet time to calm down.

Does he know how many rules in my code book he just broke?

I huffed towards the bathrooms, my wrist needed washing and pronto.

“Where are you going?” I heard the worst voice I knew ask.

Spinning around to face Nate, the hatred was more than visible on my face. Did he not get the hint? Was he that stupid?

I advanced towards him and he took a few tentative steps back.

“The better question is, what the heck do you think you’re doing?” I hissed out, my breathing started to hitch up. I could hear my heart beat echoing in my head.

 “Helping you,” he shrugged like it wasn’t a big deal. It was a big friggin’ deal.

“Plan your murder? Yeah, you sure are.” My hands curled into fists at my sides. He must have been out of his mind.

Nate rolled his eyes. His calmness aggravated me even more.

“You like to have boyfriends. You broke up with Justin, so obviously you need a new one.” He explained nonchalantly, stuffing his hands in his pockets. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

“I don’t need a boyfriend.”“Even though you treat them like complete shit, refuse to get close to them and then dump practically all of my friends after a short period of time, you do need one.”  

“You don’t know anything,” I spoke coldly, annoyed that not only was he calm but right.

“Contrary to your belief, Sparks, not everyone is as unobservant as you.”

I put my hands on my hips as I faced him. He countered by crossing his arms with a look of triumph on his face.

“I’m not unobservant.” I was getting really tired of hearing that out of him.

“Please. You didn’t know I was in Economics, you didn’t notice I was there when you told Justin about the sleepover, it took you a whole damn month to realize Corey’s dad got a new car that one time…” he rambled, listing on his fingers. I narrowed my eyes and looked at the wall next to me.

“Are you done?” my eyes flipped back over to him as he continued to tick reasons on his fingers. I had stopped listening. What did he know anyways?

“Well, you’re also impulsive and don’t think before you speak, making it really easy for sexual innuendos. Selfish…I guess I can be done for now.”

I could feel my blood course through my veins faster and before I knew it, I was hitting him in the chest and marching down the hallway. I was almost at the other end when I heard Nate yell.

“So does that mean you won’t be my girlfriend?” I didn’t answer him. Instead, turned the corner to head for my locker and get my books for my next class, seeing as lunch was almost over by now.

It took me three times to get my locker combination correct, my hands were practically shaking I was so mad. Why on earth would he do something like that? I closed my locker and looked at the books in my hands before letting out a groan and opening my locker again. The stupid bee made me grab the wrong ones.

What angered me the most was that he was right and he knew he was right. Then there was also the fact that he’d been around enough to pick up on those things. He was too close and there was only one answer to the solution – he had to move to Antarctica. Far away from me where he couldn’t pick up on things, I didn’t have to see him every day, and where he wouldn’t be best friends with Corey and Bailey. And one day he can get eaten by a giant sea monster while he’s ice fishing and everyone will live happily ever after.