Chapter Eleven: Steele/Frankie

Start from the beginning

"Whether he's your brother or not, I don't like his scent on you," he muttered and began his process of enveloping me in his scent, starting with kissing me all over my face and shoulder. I laughed quietly before it turned into a moan as he bit into the place where my shoulder and neck met. I quickly pulled him off of me before it became too explicit.

"Not here, not now," I whispered in his ear and he pouted, crossing his arms.

"Why? Don't you want me?" he asked in a childish tone. I rolled my eyes and stood up, frowning at him.

"Of course I do. But not in the foyer of the house where over 500 wolves live and especially not in front of my brother. Now behave," I demanded in his ear and he shuddered and bowed his head submissively before shaking it off and rolling his eyes.

"Fine. I'm going to find Lacey." He waltzed out of the room but not before he winked at me and swayed his hips as he left.

"Well... he's a menace, isn't he?" Harrison asked.

"Tell me about it."

~

Frankie

Lacey and I continued to train the teenagers until it was time for dinner. Of course, I wanted them to keep training but Steele would have my behind for making them miss dinner.

Not that I'd mind though.

The teenagers retreated, laughing happily and discussing their tests coming up. It made me happy to know that with a little bit of time and authority, they actually became invested in protecting their pack and learning more.

I helped Lacey pack up the equipment. We worked in silence for a while before I brought up the topic that's been bugging me forever.

"So, Lacey, where's Kailie's father?" Lacey looked up and sighed, running a hand through her hand as she dropped the equipment in her hands. She sat on the boxing ring and motioned for me to sit beside her.

"When I was 16, I found my mate. He and I hit it off right away. We went on dates and slept with each other. He wouldn't mark me though. I didn't understand why until he left me. He said he didn't want me as a mate and wanted someone else so he rejected me." She sniffled a little and my heart fell for her. I wrapped an arm around her and she put her head on my shoulder.

"The worst part was that I was just about to tell him that I was pregnant. My wolf couldn't handle the heartbreak. I honestly thought I was going to die. I wanted to die. But then Steele reminded me I had a child. Someone who would love me with all his or her heart. Steele's my best friend, you know. He's the only person I let see me. I wouldn't let Garrett or Grace or my parents visit me. I didn't tell them I was having a baby. I didn't go to the doctor's. I was a mess. Steele picked me up one day and took me to the doctor, saying I was becoming too sick and the baby was dying as well." She stopped for a moment as if looking back at the past was painful to think about.

"You don't have to keep going," I assured her. Not only because I could tell it was difficult but because I didn't want to hear anymore. To think of Steele rejecting me makes my heart break into a million pieces. I couldn't even imagine what she had to go through.

She shook her head and said, "I have to keep going. You have to know, you're one of my closest friends. Besides, I want you to know that Steele is a wonderful person even though he acts like a dick a lot. He honestly saved my life." I nodded and waited for her to continue.

"Basically, I was at the doctor's, getting an ultrasound and feeling like it was all a waste of time. But then I saw her. I saw my baby and everything became so much clearer. I wanted to live. I wanted to see her. Steele took my hand and showed me that she was sick, dying. My heart broke all over again and my wolf came back. She wanted the baby to live. After that moment, Steele and I went to all my doctor appointments and made a nursery and named Kailie together. He was by my side like the best friend I needed him to be. And when Kailie was born, he was there. He was the first to hold her. Honestly, Steele is the best person in my life and I love him so much. I appreciate him immensely and you are so lucky to have him," she finished and smiled sadly at me.

I was crying at this point because of how happy I was. Happy and sad.

I was happy because I knew Steele had a kind heart. It gave me a proud feeling. That was my mate. At the same time, I wouldn't be able to give him a baby. I wouldn't be able to do all of that with him.

I helped Lacey up and hugged her tightly.

"You are the strongest women I have ever met and I'm sorry you had to go through that," I whispered in her ear. She hugged me back and just smiled at me.

"It's okay. At the end of the day, I wouldn't change any of it. I love Kailie with everything I have. She's everything to me."

I could only agree.

~

Steele

For the second time today, Frankie tackled me to the ground. He kissed me hard and refused to let me up. I wasn't complaining because I loved his kisses but we were in the dining room with everyone watching us. Sebastian growled with lust in my head and fought to get out and mark him. Frankie nuzzled his head in my neck.

"I wanna mark you," he muttered quietly in my ear and a growl slipped out of my mouth. I picked him up and without any hesitation, transported us back to our house.

I carried him upstairs, taking a glance at the mirror on my wall. My eyes shined gold and I knew Seb was really close to taking over.

I threw Frankie on the bed and immediately began kissing his neck, practically purring when he leaned into me. Of course, wolves don't purr but close enough.

Before I knew it, Sebastian took over and bit into Frankie's shoulder, loving the sound of Frankie's moans. In return, Frankie leaned forward and marked me as his own. The connection between us grew stronger and I was surrounded with the feeling of love.

Frankie was crying. Sebastian, still in control, went into panic mode, immediately upset when seeing his mate in pain.

"What's wrong?" I asked Frankie.

"Nothing. I just never thought this day would come. I'm almost 200 years old and now I have a mate to spend the rest of my life with. I'm just happy," he said and kissed me again, softly as if he had no energy left in his bones.

"I love you," I said and my eyes widened in shock. Fucking hell. Really? Why did I say that?!

Frankie's eyes widened before shutting them and crying even more, wrapping his arms around my neck and clinging onto me like I was the air he needed to live.

"I love you, I love you, I love you. So much," he muttered in my ear and I couldn't have been more happy. Sebastian howled in delight, practically running around in my head with joy.

Life was finally going my way and I had my mate by my side to conquer everything in my path.

My heart sunk at a sudden thought.

The prophecy.

~

Hi.

Please don't hate me.

I know, it's been forever. I'm sorry! I have no excuses!

I'll be posting more, I promise.

Love ya guys!