The Night

Sallie went into Ricky's front room to find him playing with the TV remote. "What are you doing?"

Ricky looked up at the sound of her voice and smiled. "Trying to find something decent to watch." He paused and stood up, then walked over to her and took her in his arms. The heat radiating from his bare chest was almost stifling, but Sallie didn't want to move away. "You hungry? I've got some stuff in the fridge I think." Burying her head into Ricky's chest for a moment, Sallie didn't answer. His scent was intoxicating - a sexy mix of sweat, aftershave and Ricky. 

"I could eat something I guess." Sallie put her arms around him. Ricky kissed her forehead. 

"I'll find something. Anything you want to watch?" he murmured. 

"Maybe a film if there's nothing on TV?"

"Sure. Go ahead and choose one." Sallie thumbed through his DVD collection while he disappeared into the kitchen. By the time he'd come back, she had selected a film.  Ricky came back with some sandwiches. "I guessed you weren't that hungry," he smirked. He put the plate down and knelt beside her. "What have you chosen?"

Sallie held up the movie. "Love Actually."  Ricky grinned and took the DVD from her and put it in the player. She frowned at the sandwiches. "I thought you couldn't eat dairy?"

"Yeah. I've got olive spread instead." 

"Ah, OK," Sallie smiled. "You learn something new every day."

"Yes," he smiled and went to sit on the sofa. He patted the spot next to him and she was quick to take it, curling up with her head in his lap. "I'm taking you like rom-coms?" 

"Not a better film genre," she smiled. "I never thought of you as someone who would watch this kind of stuff." Ricky's arm went around her and she smiled at how natural and normal it felt. 

"I'm a born romantic, my love," Ricky said. 

"That I know," she replied, glancing up into his ocean blue eyes. He kissed her and then the film began. 

It was a good three hours until the film ended, and Sallie ended up dozing off in the warmth of the room and comfort of Ricky's arms. She was awoken by a set of gentle kisses on her temple, and found Ricky looking down at her with love in his eyes. "I think you might be tired, sweetheart," he smiled. Sallie shook her head, desperately trying to stay awake. 

"I'm just really comfortable," she admitted and Ricky laughed. 

"That's good to hear," he murmured. He kissed her temple once more. "I still think we should head to bed. It's late and I want you there anyway." She looked at him, slightly alarmed. "Don't worry. I meant for cuddling," he said softly. "I think you've had enough action for today," he added cheekily. Sallie went to get up but Ricky quickly took her in his arms and carried her upstairs. 

Once in the bedroom, Ricky quickly laid her down under the covers, slipped off his trackies and climbed in beside her. His arms snaked around her waist and held her into his chest. Right then, Sallie could think of no place she'd rather be. She snuggled closer to him until she was wrapped around him like a vine. He kissed her forehead stroked her hair. He rocked her slowly in his arms. "Go to sleep, darling," he whispered. "I've got you and I'm not going anywhere." Sallie soon closed her eyes and tiredness took over. 

Ricky stayed awake for a while after Sallie had fallen asleep, and peacefully watched her as she slept, still in wonder over how lucky he was to have a girl as beautiful as her.  It still amazed him how mature she was for her age. If he didn't know, he didn't think he would have guessed she was as young as 16. He gently kissed her forehead and Sallie mumbled something incoherently in her sleep but didn't try to wriggle out of his grip. He smiled and lay his head down so it was level with hers. He closed his eyes and drifted off into a very sweet dream.