The Hotel

It was only a matter of seconds before Sallie felt Ricky's soft lips press against hers. It was everything she had dreamed it would be - soft, gentle, and like a caress on her mouth. It had him written all over it. When he pulled away, she felt mildly disappointed as when he kissed her, he'd sent her to Cloud Nine. 

Awkwardly, Ricky smiled but didn't remove his hands from hers. "Sorry. I couldn't resist." Sallie was just staring at him but eventually found her voice. 

"Don't be," she managed to choke out. Then she felt like she had to compliment him. "It was gorgeous, just like the man who gave it." Ricky looked up and suddenly his expression changed. It wasn't one of charm or admiration anymore. It was one of desire. He wanted her, and knew she wanted him. He was going to have to do something about it. 

"Maybe I'll do it again then," he said cheekily, and leaned in. This time Sallie was ready and met him halfway. His second kiss was better than the first, and Sallie could have sworn she'd gone to Heaven and was able to fly in those precious minutes when her lips were glued to Ricky's. 

When they eventually pulled away, they had eyes for no one but each other. Ricky climbed off the stool and came round to Sallie. He held out a hand and helped her climb off her seat. He wrapped his arms around her and pressed her to his chest. 

Suddenly embarrassed, Sallie dropped her head from his gaze. She could feel the heat from his body radiating into hers. She couldn't believe this was really happening. "Hey, Sallie. Don't hide from me, baby," Ricky's voice came from above her. His hand tilted her head up and his lips were quickly on hers. Sallie melted in his arms as soon as  their lips made contact. 

They had to pull away for the third time when Will went past wolf-whistling. "Go on, Rick!" Ricky's eyes darkened. He glanced down at Sallie. 

"What an idiot!" he muttered then smirked. "Hey, this might be a bit forward, but it's late and I said you should stay at the hotel with us. Do you want to?" Please say yes, Ricky inwardly begged her. 

Sallie didn't want to be anywhere that wasn't with Ricky right then, so it took less than a second for her to agree. His answering smile was stunning, and he grabbed her hand and led her through the crowds to his car. 

Ricky led the way to the exit, and they found his car parked in a space specially reserved for the coaches. "Honda Civic," Sallie commented, her right hand still firmly in Ricky's left. 

"Yeah. I got it specially - I'm the 'model', if you will, for Honda," Ricky told her. 

She grinned. "I know, I know a lot more about you than you might think." Ricky quirked an eyebrow and pulled Sallie into his embrace. His lips lightly brushed hers as he bent his head. 

"I like a girl who does her research," he muttered after the kiss. "It means I don't have to explain lots of stuff." 

"Well you've got that with me," Sallie assured him. "I know you're lactose intolerant." Ricky shook his head and blinked in surprise. 

"Wow, you really have done your research on me!" he laughed. He stepped closer again. Their foreheads touched. "I might have to do some major research on you." 

"I've told you everything there is to know," Sallie said, not taking her gaze from his. 

"See, I don't believe that. Maybe we need to take a biology class?" Ricky asked, his tone dropping from charming to sensual. His lips teased hers. 

"Hmmm." Sallie moaned as Ricky ran a hand through her hair as he came up for breath. 

"Is that a yes?" he asked, unable to hide his delight. Sallie opened her eyes and looked anxiously at him, biting her lip. "What?"