1. ass-constricting torture device of biological warfare

Start from the beginning

"No, there's something wrong with my phone." Heck, maybe Steve could join him in the Elderly Home of the Elderly; he's got to be forgetting things. Who goes to an apple store to fix his phone?

Bucky scrunched his nose, watching his friend emerge from the bathroom with a white tee on and skinny jeans. "What are you gonna do, jam your phone into an apple?"

Steve rolled his eyes, buckling his belt, a little harder than he should.

"Ooh, better yet!" Bucky exclaimed when Steve said nothing. "Are you going to feed your phone apples?"

 "Are you going to feed your phone apples?"

"Very funny, Buck." Steve gave his shoulder a squeeze. "Try not to set the house on fire."

Bucky nodded, and shut the door, not forgetting to yell, "Will do, Star Spangled Man with a Plan!"

Only when he'd settled down on the maroon couch with another cup of coffee- heaven knows he needed a refill- did it occur to the blue eyed Bucky. A date!

Steve must have been going to a date, he always wore skinny jeans on dates anyways

Steve must have been going to a date, he always wore skinny jeans on dates anyways. Why else would he wear an 'ass-constricting torture device of biological warfare' created by the nefarious secret agency that go under the name of "Levi's"?

Bucky smiled to himself, chuckling. "Tsk. The apple store, broken phone." He shook his head. "You come up with the weirdest excuses, Cap."

He turned on the TV, flipping through the 127 channels they offered. Thank goodness Steve was there to help him, imagine how shocked he was when he discovered the moving pictures came in color.

He landed on a program featuring an Indian and a cowboy on the roof of a train, punching soldiers. Suddenly, he was back to that day again.

Falling off the train that day, he died.

James Buchanan Barnes died a hero to be reborn a villain,

at least that was what he thought.

'The Winter Soldier', how he hated the name. How he hated the metal arm with the symbolically blood-stained star, that had snapped the necks of a thousand men. He remembered every face, the faces of the frightened soldiers who he should have been fighting next to. If only he had been stronger or tried harder to conquer the hijacking.