Bullet Wounds

Back in my apartment my bedroom was dimly lit as the lights from the motel across the street lit up my room in a red hue. The note on my clothes was untouched. I opened my closet hanging up my jacket. What is he doing? I kept repeating that question over and over in my head. I didn't like to think that he was lying to me but then again Jason isn't the same person anymore. I paced my bedroom floor back forth before finally stopping in my tracks. I couldn't wait any longer for him to come back home, I guess that I just have to find him myself. I cursed under my breath knowing that I couldn't go back to the manor without raising question so I just put on all black clothes and shoes before grabbing a stool from the corner of my room to stand on to get a long slender box from the top of my closet. I took it down and put it on my bed then opened it. Inside was my old folded up spear I remember the day I folded the spear up and stuffed along side my old utility belt. I held the folded up spear in my hand and pressed the button. The metal spear sprung straight out in a blink of an eye. I clipped my belt around my wait before grabbing my black cloak from a old Halloween costume before turning to the mirror. "Well here goes nothing."

I  jumped from rooftop to rooftop through Gotham and it didn't take long to find Jason. I watched carefully from the rooftop above, below me was a fairly big  gang named the Night Stalkers and Jason standing facing each other in the middle of the street. I guess I got here before Bruce did. The leader of the gang stood with an annoyed expression on his face. "I'm sick of hearing your name around my part of town, Red Hood. You've killed my men, stopped my exports, and destroyed my goods. You have a lot of nerve showing up here."

Red Hood looked unfazed and said, "are you gonna fight me about it?" He smiled devilishly. 

I carefully climb down the building ladder to get a better look of the whole thing suddenly I felt something yanking me up the ladder. I was thrown over the edge quickly regaining my footing. "Hey we got a spy Boss!" Yelled one of the crew members down below. I grabbed my spear from my pocket and sprung it to life, I ran to him with the butt of my spear into his gut then undercutting his jaw. The man fell back knocked out cold, men quickly surround me all guns drawn to me. With hand on my belt I grabbed a few gas pellets and slammed them on to the rooftop disappearing through the smoke and jumping down to the pavement below. The leader looked at me, "you little brat!" He drew his gun at me ducking quickly just in time I missed a bullet soaring over my head as I knock his gun out of his hand with my spear. Jason was behind me with his fist balled up landing a crushing blow onto the leader nose knocking him back as I land the final blow sweeping my spear under his feet knocking him down.

"I could've handled him myself." I stood up straight telling Jason, he wore a red biker helmet and a all black suit with black boots and a brown jacket just like in the video. 

"You need to leave right now." Jason hissed through his helmet and through his helmet I could still feel his furious stare.

I didn't answer from up above us bullets rained down, I quickly jumped away from them and hid behind a car next to Jason. "Why are you here!?" He spat at me.

"ME!? Maybe I wouldn't be here if you just told me the truth!" I spat back at me. Jason stood up from behind the car shooting up above us, one by one I could only hear the sound of his gun before silence. 

"Go home now." He said walking away from me.

"No! I still deserve answers!" I said marching after him. From behind us we could hear a gurgling chuckle, we stopped and both turned to the gang leader with blood in his mouth smiling at us. Jason raised his gun and shot a near by gasoline truck. Clear liquid like water gushed onto the man. He choked and gagged trying to shield himself.

"Pathetic." He said.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He didn't answer as he dug into his pockets pulling out a box of matches. What person carries around a box of matches? He scrapped the match across the top of the box the orange flame danced on the match, I heard the scared begging cries of man. I raised my spear to Jason blocking him from Jason.

"I won't let you kill him." I said harshly.

"Move." He said with darkness it almost frightened me.  The flame lit of only Jason's eyes and what I saw what I saw in his eyes I've never seen in the old Jason. 

I gulped, "don't do this."

"Or what?" He questioned.

"I-I'll....don't make me stop you." I gripped my spear tighter pressing firmly on his hand holding the match. We stared one another without saying anything for a while before Jason broke contact and turned away and stepping on the match with his boot. I lowered my spear and turned to the gang leader just as a louder bang rang from behind me and his forehead suddenly had a crater in it. 

I whipped around to Jason and I didn't have to see his face to know that he smirking with satisfaction,"an eye for a eye."

🎀thank you everyone for reading!🎀