Lies

The next morning I woke up alone, "Jay?" I said barely awake. He left? He used me for a one night stand! No, he's not like that, he would never do that to me. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and looked at my messy room, my clothes scattered around, my bed sheets were in a disarray. I walked over to my dresser and put on a new bra and panties. I got out an old shirt of his from my drawer and pulled it over my head then walked into the living room mumbling curses under my breath. I stomped over to my backpack that sat in the chair from last night, "I can't believe he-" I turned around when I heard the sound of plates being set down on to the table. 

 "Good morn-woah what's up with you?"

In the light I could see all the deep cuts and scars criss-crossing on his skin I knew what happened but I didn't t realize how brutal it was until seeing everything up close and personal, "Y-You're still here? And you made breakfast?" I stared down at the food with disbelief.

"I made chocolate-chip waffles. Problem?" He asked as we sat down at the table. He was wearing the same clothes from last night. 

"No I just thought...where did you get this stuff?"

"That it was a one night stand? I went food shopping while you were asleep."

"Are you mad?" I asked.

"No. I can see why you'd think that." He stopped for a second looking at his old band tee he used to wear.

"When I left the manor I wanted to keep a part of you with me. I hope you're not mad at me there's so many things I want to ask you like; how did you get here and where have you been all this time? What happened to you?"

"Let's take it one step at a time, let's finish eating first."Thoughts from last night returned as if they were new. I couldn't shake the feeling that all of this was to could to be true. That he's hiding something. Maybe I'm just scared of something going wrong or is it that I'm scared of the truth?

"Alright." I said as I ate the last piece of my waffle. 

"Where do you want to start?"

"Well...how are you here alive?" He leaned back in the chair and explained how after he was brutally killed by the Joker his body was taken out of the coffin and taken by Ra's al Ghul to the Lazarus pit, "I've heard about that pit, it will give you immortality if you use it right?" Jason nodded and continued his story; he told me that after he got put the Lazarus pit with his memories gone he escaped until he was found and trained by these high class assassins. When his memories returned he went back to Gotham to make things right.

"Wow." I leaned back into the chair taking in everything that I just heard. "I'm assuming no one else knows that you're here not even Bruce?"

"No and it has to stay that way until  I say so okay? (Y/n) promise me that you won't tell anyone because if you tell even one person these people aren't like the villains from Gotham, the will kill us and I can't lose you."

I gulped,"okay, I won't tell a soul living or dead."

"Good." He said as he rose from his seat picking up my plate and his then walking over to the sink.

"To be honest I'm just really happy that you're back Jason...I want to continue where off." I said.

"Well we can't go back to those times now. Everything is so different now nothing will never be the same again." He said in a harsh tone.

"I'm gonna take a shower." I said in quiet voice and got up from my chair and walking into the bathroom. After my shower I walked into my room and noticed that my clothes were slightly folded nicely with a post-it note on top of them, 

be back soon don't wait up. 

I smiled changing my clothes. Somethings never change even after this long. Maybe I should pay some old friends a visit. Grabbing another post it note and a marker I wrote;

Stay safe, dinner on me

I picked up my purse from my chair in the living room before leaving my apartment and locking the door behind me. 

I knocked on the large doors of the mansion that used to be my home along with Jason. I wondered if they'll recognize me or resent me or accept me and forget that I left with Jason. I haven't been able to bring myself back to this place since that horrible day. It hurt to much. Too many memories. I gripped the stems of the flowers I brought before coming over here tightly. My breathing hitched when as the door opened, "Miss (Y/n)! Please come in, come in." Alfred  greeted me happily letting me inside.

"Thank you Alfred. How's everything? It's been a while." Alfred sat the flowers in a vase before sitting down updating me sat and sipping on tea about Dick's new lady friend and how Damian is liking his new school.

"That bruise on your neck looks really bad. What happened? You're not fighting again are you?"

"Haha no no nothing like that! I just had a crazy rough night." I said blushing shrugging to hide the marks. I'm gonna kill him.

Alfred smiled and shook his head, "kids these days."

"After all these years and you still call me a kid. Do I really still look that young?" I joked. We laughed for the first time for me in a while. I remember when all the Wayne kids sat here to eat and had fun. Jason and Dick never liked each other that much but they still had fun together, Dick and Jason would take all the marshmallows out of Damian's cereal while Bruce sat with us just reading the paper smiling softly at the them like idiots and Alfred begged them to stop or else one of them would end up sick for the rest of the day. I missed those times. "Is Bruce here?" I asked eating a small cookie.

"I was just about to bring him his tea."

"Can I bring it to him, please?"

"I don't see why not." He handed me the tea tray and I headed downstairs into the Bat Cave. I heard voices from downstairs as the light of large computers shined the way. The first person I noticed was a man with jet black hair wearing a black jumpsuit that had a neon blue bat symbol on the chest, sitting in a chair with his leg prompted up in a brace. "What do we do now-" His attention snapped to me as the teacup clinked together. "You're back."

Bruce did a double take when he saw me, "I-I thought you two could use something to drink." I said. I sat down the tray as Batman stood looking me up and down. He pushed up his mask from his face revealing the creases in his cheeks and in between his eyebrows were deeper than before, his eyes were still cold. "Hello Bruce."

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I just wanted to stop by and say hi."I said uncomfortably. "What happened to your leg, you okay?" I walked over to Dick and touched his leg, he flinched. "Sorry." I looked up noticing a man on the computer wearing a brown jacket over a black jumpsuit with a red bird spreading it's wings across his chest with black combat boots on a red motorcycle. I heard the phrase, "You haven't lost your touch Bruce." Stuck on loop it sounded just like Jason.

"What's this?" I ask. 

"Nothing." Bruce answered. I gave him a look.

"You think this guy is dangerous?" I ask while taking a seat in front of the large computer looking through burning construction sites and dagger markings.

"Yes. He's strong and we don't know what he wants which make him dangerous." I nodded understandingly. What are you doing Jason? "And the gangs he attacks all having nothing in common as far as we can see."

"Sounds dangerous but I trust you guys will find him." 

"We could use you on our team." Dick spoke up. I glanced at him.

"I....I'll think about it okay? I should really get going I have work in an hour. I'll see you guys soon." I walked over and hugged Bruce tightly then hugged Dick's shoulder. "Tell everyone I said hello." I said and walked up the steps. I rushed past Alfred telling him good bye before getting into my car and driving off home. He has a lot of explaining to do. 

🎀Sorry this was so long. I hope you liked it. Bye!!💞💜🎀