Chapter One: The Arrangement

Hi, I'm Mary Jessica West, most of the people who are close to me call me Jess. I'm born in California, USA. I have twin sisters named Stacey and Kacey.

My birthday is near which is September 15 and it's scaring me how old I'm getting, after 2 months I'll turn 18 and I need to find a job and a place to live in on my own.

2 MONTHS LATER

It's a sunny day today as I opened the windows of our room, looking at my sisters who are still asleep. I smiled as I lay in bed for a while again with my eyes closed.

"Surprise!!!!" Kacey and Jacey shouted which made me jump in shock. I forgot its my birthday today, they surprised me with a little present wrapped in colored paper.

"Here's your present, sorry it's not much but-", I cutted Stacey off "I love it!! it's a necklace with a picture of the three of us."
Then both of them hugged me as I hugged them back tighter. I kissed their foreheads as I said my I love yous to them.

"Jess!! Kacey and Stacey!! Come down here please!" Our mom shouted from downstairs and it seems like she's in the living room.
The three of us smiled and stood up as we left the room, going down stairs with me being the first one to arrive.

"There you are Jess, happy birthday!"she hugged me, "Thanks mom."

"Happy Birthday Jess!" My dad said as I hugged him and thanked him. "Before we even forget, here's your birthday present!" My mom said and handed me the box with a big smile on her face.

I look at their faces to make sure if this isn't a prank or anything, "Go on Jessie open it!" Kacey shouted from the couch.

I carefully opened the box and in huge shock tears started falling from my eyes,
"OMG! ITS AN IPHONE 11!! thank you mom and dad!" I hugged them both at the same time with pure appreciation and love.

"But we also need to tell you something," Dad whispered loud enough for the three of us to hear. I was starting to get nervous by the tension that suddenly came in the room.
They told my sisters to go back upstairs knowing that we need to talk about something important.

We sat in the living room as I placed my birthday present at the table. "We're truly sorry if what we're about to tell you might put you in a difficult situation and hate us." My mom said looking at me as she caressed my arm.

I was silent, signaling them that I am only waiting for them to speak up and talk about it. "We have arranged you to a marriage with the son of our dearest friend." My dad stated which left me in huge shock, my eyes wide open and my mouth in an O shape.

"M-marriage?? With who?? I just turned 18! How can you do this to me? What is the reason behind all of this?????" I shouted with too many questions on my mind, I wasn't able to control myself. Anger is filling me up, "With Niall, I'm sure you remember him from last time when we went out of town with their family. The reason behind this is we just want what's best for you and we think Niall is someone who can give you all the love you deserve Jess. " My mom explained and begged for me to understand, though it isn't that easy I know her point is she wants to keep the family and theirs close as much as possible. But, why me? why now? why can't I choose?

"Pack your things, he's going to pick you up tomorrow night. We're sorry darling we didn't do this for our own good, but also for you."

______
I pretty much changed the whole chapter but the with the same concept.

~Stacey