X

Niall's POV

As Liam dragged me out of the theater and into his car, I couldn't help but think if is ever see that mysterious man ever again.

How could I? Liam often watched over me carefully, knowing how people sometimes and used to push me around, because he is very protective, since we've been close friends since high school. But now he would be even more watchful, and that made me nervous.

Would I even see that man again? What if Liam scared him away?

Liam pulled into the driveway of our apartment building and I silently followed him up the stairs and into our shared apartment, waiting for his words of disapproval.

I set my ballet bag on the living room floor and sat at the counter in one of the tall chairs. Liam soon came in and stood in front of me.

"Who was that?" He asked.

I hesitated. "I-I don't know."

I looked up at Liam to find him looking back at me.

"Niall, he could be dangerous!"

I stood up. "B-but he's not! He's really sweet and-"

Liam came and stood I front of me, causing me to look up because I'm quite short.

"I just-you were kissing him! How long have you known him?!"

I didn't know what to say. What Liam was saying did make sense, but I couldn't let him know that. For some reason, I trusted the man in the mask, and that kiss wasn't fake. It was real, it meant something and I had to seem him again.

"Liam you d-don't understand!"

"Understand what, Niall?" he asked, leaning down to look me in the eyes. He wasn't yelling, but I could tell he was a little frustrated. "You're, you're my bo-best friend, and I'm just looking out for you!"

"I'm not hurt! H-he's fine, he's very sweet and-" I said, raising my voice.

"Niall, that guy, why would you kiss him? You can't be with him, you realize that, right?! He's a stranger, you don't even know who he is!"

I was upset now, realizing most of his words were right. "Well maybe I was about to find out who he was before you interrupted me!"

"You just don't get it Niall!"

I was confused now. "What don't I get?!" I shouted, for one of the first times at Liam.

"Niall I-" we made eye contact, and he stopped talking.

I stood there, upset by his previous words, not even noticing the tears in my eyes. I'd never fought with Liam before.

"I... I care about you, okay?" He said, quieting down and sighing. "I just don't want you to be hurt. You're my best friend."

I went into the living room, laying down on the couch, silent tears rolling down my face.

Liam was sort of right. When it came down to it, I had no idea who that man was, and I kissed him. I danced with him and shared my first kiss with him, and I have no idea who he is.

Liam soon walked into the room, sitting on the couch next to me and pulling me into his lap. I cuddled into his chest. When we were younger, Liam and I would cuddle when one of us was upset.

"Ni I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry."

"N-no, you're right! I have no idea who he is and I-" I sobbed into his shirt. "I kissed him, Liam!"

"Ni-I'm sorry." He lifted my face from his chest and I looked up at him.

His eyes searched mine with some kind of emotion I couldn't deceive. It seemed like caring, but a little more than that.

I quickly looked away again, and made up an excuse of homework to get away from him, confused by the whole interaction that just happened.

Hey guys! Another short chapter, mostly because this is a filler.

Anyways, a little more drama to come, hope you're excited! Btw, the chapters may come faster with more votes and comments 😉

Lots of love
E