II

Niall's POV

I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched off of me. I kept swaying to the music, but somehow the feeling of eyes on me made me more determined to perfect my moves, like performing a pre-concert.

I never really did this, staying behind in the theatre. Usually if I were to stay after to do work I would dance in the practice room. The only reason why I'm not practicing there today is because Josh, the new dancer, has been making me uncomfortable lately, and I really didn't want to have to be with him alone today.

It was different, practicing on the actual stage. We only practiced here for dress rehearsals before shows and then performed for the actually show.

It was a bit creepy to be here at night, with all of the lights off, dancing by myself up here for anyone to see. But of course no one could see, as the theatre was closed for the night besides dancers like me with special permission to stay after.

My feet easily glided across the stage like a second home. I was performing my own routine, one of the many I had choreographed myself. Never have I ever shown it to anyone for two reasons: Ms. Dubois prefers dancers to perform her routines, and I was also too shy to teach it to the class and possibly be criticized by others.

As I listened for the final notes, I readied myself for the final pose, staying in position for dramatic effect afterwards. Finally I released position and stood back on two feet.

I'm caught up in my own thoughts of routines and partners and moves while walking over to the speaker until a creak from the audience snaps me out of my zone.

I quickly look out into the audience, my heart racing. Someone is here, I can feel it. I felt their eyes before and I feel them now and that sounds was unmistakably the sound of someone getting up from a chair.

I called out to the person, but there was no reply. I still couldn't see anything with the lights on the stage, so I moved closer to the edge trying to see who might be there. Loud and hurried footsteps filled my ears as the person ran from the theatre.

With my heart still racing and paranoid thoughts running through my head I quickly walked out of the back entrance of the theater so I wouldn't have a run-in with someone who was potentially watching my whole routine.