Date Debate

And thus the origin of my very first relationship. The perfect example of a sweet and sour situation. Who knew the cause of my death wouldn't be the book Jin threw, but rather the excitement I was feeling. We decided we couldn't wait any longer for a date, and we'd completely explode if we spent any more time together, so this is how it'd go.

"We spend all day away from each other. No calling. No texting. No visiting. No type of contact until the evening when we go on our date. You're free to spend the rest of the day doing whatever you like, but I advise preparing for the actual date like you know... coughing up the cash for that expensive restaurant?" There we go again. It seemed like I was in a loving relationship with sarcasm instead of Jin. It never leaves me.

"I don't know if you're kidding or not..." Jin sighed. "But okay, your wish is my command. You really want to go to an expensive restaurant? I mean I love food, but I'm pretty short on cash. But I'll do anything you want."

"I'm gonna go for an 'Eat and retreat' date. Surprise me." I didn't even know what to expect from my own request.

"I'll see what I can do. Oh, and one more thing. Bring extra clothes." He smiled and took off. I won't be seeing him until later.

Much later.

The problem with the way I arranged this was that I don't know where exactly the date is, so I don't even know how I should dress. He could be taking me skydiving for all I know. And I can't even ask him... All I have to guide me is that one clue he said before he left. "Bring extra clothes." Big T-Shirt and sweatpants it is. Now that that's out of the way, I have till seven to pick out my real attire. I don't have tons of experience, but I know for a fact if your date says something about a restaurant, you can't go wrong with a classic red dress. I had the perfect one for this occasion that I thought I'd never have to worry about. It was not too extravagant, nor too bland. There was a reason I chose seven as the time, though. Lucky number. Hopefully lucky enough to get me through the night without doing something retarded.

Just like when we were headed to Pinewheel, the time went by faster than we expected. Before I knew it, the loyal puppy was there not a second behind schedule.

"Shall we go, my princess?" He extended his arm waiting for me to take it. The tuxedo hugged his body nicer than I ever could. Look at us, dressed like rich country club owners and standing tall. The bag with the extra clothing remained in my purse, wondering what it would be used for this fine evening. Just what in the world was he planning?

"We'd like to order takeout, please." We were now at the reservation desk for Butterfly Beacon, the classiest restaurant in town. The waiter lifted one eyebrow and stroked his mustache. He had a really long face. Like a horse.

"I beg your pardon, sir, but we do not allow for food to be taken out of the establishment. Also, we are currently full so you would you please be so kind as to make a reservation for another day?" There was a hint of annoyance in this voice.

"What a shame. Come on (Y/N), let's go somewhere the son of Mayor Prescott will be treated with respect. It's such a pity, I was planning on spending my $500 wisely here." He pretended to be angry and walk out the smudge free glass doors.

"Wait!" The waiter called out. Oh the irony. "You do look like old Prescott... I guess something can be worked out after all... What would you like to order?" He lazily picked up his notepad and began jotting.

"I'd like the seaside supreme. (Y/N)?" Jin nudged me and told me to pick whatever I wanted.

"Well in that case... I would like the fettuccine with extra Parmesan."

Ten minutes in and we already had five star food in our hands, for super cheap, too. As we were taking our last gazes of the beautiful restaurant, the guy from before called out once more. "Please, tell your father how great the Butterfly Beacon is. I need my job."

"No worries." Jin winked and headed outside, basking in his success.

"Okay what was all of that?" I still could not grasp what was going on.

"Well if I recall clearly your request for the date was 'eat and retreat'. We got the expensive food you wanted for a fraction of the cost, so I'm going to take you somewhere special now." I couldn't believe it. He did all of this to fulfill a request I didn't even think through properly. Gotta hand it to him, he did play the role of a snobby rich kid excellently. We continued to walk with the food all the way to the park. "This is where we change. Or do you want your dazzling dress to be covered in grass stains? I really am sorry about all the trouble, but we had to look the part." He laughed.

"Of course not." We went to the bathrooms in the little service house deep in the heart of the park and changed into our comfort clothes. The food was surprisingly still warm by the time we got to eat it on the hill. It took a whole lot of effort to get up there, but in the end it was worth it. I finally see what Jin tried to do. He knew how much I loved stargazing and everything that had to do with those aesthethic-y posts on Tumblr, so he gave me the opportunity to truly feel it with him. He loved them too. Just the two of us, some food, and a sky full of stars.

Hours passed, and we just laid on the grass with our noses pressed together talking about how we thought the universe was made and the things that made us happy. The answer "you" had to be included in there. I continued to coil my finger around the bangs gently falling over his eyes. The mood was so relaxing. Jin had a way with words, and I suddenly had the urge to hear them.

"Be poetic about this, come on."

"Why do I need words to describe the feelings that have always been there?"

"Okay. You pass." He smiled and began to sing. Now it really felt as if his smile could make flowers grow, considering we were laying right on top of them. I did not recognize the tune he sang, but it was so captivating. His voice was a very gentle sound wave, hypnotizing me with every syllable. Suddenly, he rose up from the grass and carried me bridal style. The butterflies that were his lashes were now in my stomach. I was nervous, but a good kind of nervous. The kind of nervous that has you dying for more of what's to come.

"I'm gonna serenade you now." He continued to let the words flow from his mouth. I never knew he was such a good singer. Under the moonlight, I was spun very slowly and whispered sweet nothings. To me they weren't just nothings. They were the words I'd keep in my head for many years to come. This was it. Life has finally swapped the black lenses for the rose ones. I was finally having the little rendezvous I've spent so many days dreaming about. When the song had concluded, I was still in his arms. Me being the helpless romantic I was, I've read tons of romance novels and fan fiction to know that you supposedly melt when the boy of your dreams is kissing you. "That can't happen. That's not true." I thought to myself as I read those cheesy lines. Well, present me says otherwise.