Wing It

Trees divided the evening sun into hundreds of tiny streams, that then danced upon the leaf-covered the silent forest's floor.

  There was naught but two winged children curled together here in this clearing. One boy, and one girl, no older than 10. His wings, as dark as the night with gold tipped feathers, hid the meek snow-feathered girl in a cocoon.

They were both crying silently.

The boy touched his forehead to the girl's, as to comfort her.

"Relax, my heart, they cannot find us here" His weary voice cooed.

"You know that is not so. I remember our past lives, they always have found us, no matter what we do." She wraps herself into his chest. They could hear their wing beats closing in.

"That is not so, they cannot find us if we are in the farthest reaches of our minds. Let us go there." He said in desperation as the wing beats of their hunters drew closer and closer.

"We have tried that, and they still found us." Her words rang true with him.

Strechting his wings out behind him, the boy tilted her face up to his. She mirrored his actions.

"Then, let this be the first act of our new lives."

They kissed. It seemed like an eternity for them, but in reality, less than a second.

They are furious.

"Let us be whole again." They said simultaneously, as their bodies cracked and shattered like glass, disappearing into the air.

Their cries of outrage had no match.

-----

Okay, Okay, But I had to leave you hanging. It's the start of a journey I have been waiting for. I only have a vague idea of where this is going, because these characters tend to be independent. I want to thank you all ahead of time for your encouragement. 

Note: This is a supernatural book with creatures of my own making. This is also copy-righted, so if I catch you copying, you get a big fat zero!

2/17/15: I'm so sorry about not updating! I've just had a MAJOR case of writers block and life. Hopefully this will keep you satisfied until I can find my feet again. Love y'all!