Silent kiss

RTTE S3 E13-Defenders of the wing part 1.
Summary: what if instead of astrid getting hit in the leg by the arrow. She got hit in the side instead.
---------------
It was just like any other rescue mission. Destroy the winches, get rid of the hunters and release the captured dragons from the hunters. But of course, with this lot, something always goes wrong.

Astrid was coming up the side of a boat when arrows were being shot at her.

"Stormfly twirl, "she ordered. Stormfly twirled up into the air and then shot at them.

Meanwhile hiccup and toothless was letting out a purple nadder from one of the cages. Astrid flew straight past them

"Let's go, "he said. Him and toothless shot into the air.

Snotlout and the twins were fighting over who should let the change wing out of the cage.

"Ahh, let go, "yelled tuff.

"I can handle this, "yelled snotlout.Astrid was watching the whole display and growled in annoyance.

"Come on stormfly. "Stormfly did a spine shot at the lock and the change wing got free. The twins and snotlout looked at each other before taking off.

Fishlegs was following, when a grappling hook fired and wrapped around one of meatlugs back legs. She was struggling to get free.

"Come on girl, you can do this, "he encouraged. But the hunter just kept pulling them in. Another hunter fired two arrows straight at Astrid and stormfly. Astrid gasped in alarm and used her leg to kick the first one away, but wasn't so lucky with the second one.

The second arrow shot straight into the side of her and she yelled out in pain. She quickly snapped the end off and applied pressure. Astrid new it was bad but she decided not to say anything.

Fishlegs and meatlug were still struggling to get free. "A little help here, 'he yelled. But they were gone.

"Ugh, looks like we're on our own. Alright, blast it girl, now." Meatlug did a lava blast on the chain and flew as hard as she could, but they just got pulled down further.

"Go for the winch, "he said. Meatlug fired, blasting back the hunter. But it didn't break.

Ryker came up laughing. "Aww, I'm afraid the chain and the winch are both dragon proof this time, "he teased.

"But that wood deck isn't, "said hiccup from behind sitting on a mast. Toothless shot a plasma blast at the deck and the winch blew free. Meatlug flew away as fast as she could. Ryker ran after her jumping to gran the winch but ended up in the ocean.

"Woooo, "cheered fishlegs. Ryker growled smashing his fist in the water.

Back at the edge they were all in the arena. "How's she doing," asked hiccup asked fishlegs.

"You know her feelings were hurt. You guys were cutting it a little to close. Minor wing sprain but she'll be fine "he said.

"Hiccup, "yelled Heather. He looked over to see Heather holding up a very pale, sweaty Astrid. He then noticed the arrow head sticking out the side of her.

"What happened?, "he asked running over and helping her support Astrid.

"I-I don't know. She just came back like this, "she explained. They laid her down in the ground.

"Astrid, "he asked. "Can you hear me."

"Mhmm, "she mumbled. Her face twisting in pain.

"Fishlegs, "he yelled. Fishlegs came running over. "What do we do?"

"We have to take the arrow head out before the wound gets infected, "he explained.

"What do you want us to do?, "hiccup asked.

"Your going to have to hold her down and steady. This going to hurt a lot, "he said. Coming next to her side. Heather holds her down by the shoulders and hiccup holds her waist. Steading her.

"Ready?, "asked fishlegs. Hiccup gives the nod to proceed.

Fishlegs grabs the end off the arrow lightly and starts to pull. Astrid screams out in pain and starts thrashing around.

"Hold her steady, "says Fishlegs.

"I'm trying, "says Heather pushing down harder on her shoulders.

"We're going to have to make her stop screaming some how. The screaming and excelerated breathing is making her muscles contract, and making it harder and more painful to pull out, "he explains.

"How?, "asked Heather. "It's not like we can gag her."

Then hiccup did something unexpected. He cupped her face and kissed her. Her screaming soften and her breathing decreased and she started to relax. In a matter of seconds the arrow head was out.

"Snotlout bring me the bandages please, "fish asked. He handed them to him. Hiccup broke the kiss and was breathing heavily. Astrid had passed out from the pain. He looked up to see Heather staring at him.

"That's one way to do it, "she smirked. Hiccup just sighed looking down at the unconscious Astrid.
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
After Fishlegs stitched and bandaged up Astrid. Hiccup moved her to his hut and let her rest there. He's been sitting there with her for the last 8 hours. It was around 9 pm now.

He looked at her. She still looks beautiful when she's asleep. Most the colours come back to her face now. He swipes some of her bangs out from her face and tucks them behind her ear. She starts stir, and her eyes lightly start to flutter open.

"Astrid, "he said.

"H-hiccup?, "she groans.

"How you feeling?, he asked.

"Like I've been rammed over by a thousand gronckles, "she says. "What happened?"

"You got shot in the side by an arrow. Your in my hut at the moment. Why didn't you say anything?, "he asked.

"Didn't want to worry anyone, "she murmured.

"Yeah, well that didn't work out. Cause now everyones worried". He says.

"I'm fine, "she says trying to sit up, but winces in pain.

"No your not. Don't do that you'll pull your stitches out, "he said helping her layback down. "I'll go tell the others your awake."

He was about to leave when Astrid caught his wrist. "Dont go "she asked.

"But the othe-"

"Can wait "she finished.

"Okay, "he says. And goes back where he was laying before. Astrid rolled over slight and snuggled up against hiccup. Hiccup cheeks a tinted slightly pink. He hesitantly wrapped his arm around her waist. Making sure to not touch her wound.

"Hey, hiccup, "she says.

"Hmmm"

"Thank you, "she whispered. Before both them fall into a blissful sleep.