Chapter 2 ~ Sorry

Natsu's P.O.V

No matter what I did, she never woke up. Wendy and that girl with blue haired girl, they just continued crying. " You two, stay here. I'm gonna go get help. " I said, as I stood up. Then I rushed over to the porch of the house. I opened the door and I rushed over to the living room. My parents were sitting on the couch and they were watching T.V. They seemed...calm. I stopped running and I was trying to catch my breath. " *Sigh* Mom! Dad! Didn't you hear honking and a loud crash?! " I yelled. 

Mom and dad looked at me confused. " What do you mean honking and a loud crash? I didn't hear anything. " My mom replied. 

" Me too. " My dad added. 

" Just, come with me. " I said, leading the way out to the road. As soon as we all stepped outside, I was explaining what happened but my mother cut me off as she saw Wendy on the road crying with another girl. My dad went over there too. " OH MY MAVIS! What happened here?! " My mom yelled, hugging Wendy. 

I walked over to them. My dad called 9-1-1 and soon enough, three police cars came and two ambulance trucks came. They put the girl blonde hair on the stretcher and they even put an oxygen mask on her. Is she going to be okay? I hope so. For sure I'm gonna get yelled at because I didn't watch Wendy or help her cross the road properly. Wendy was also put on a stretcher. She still had tears in her eyes. Before they put her in the ambulance, she looked at me, smiled and said to me, " Big bro...it wasn't your fault...okay...? " Those were the last words I heard from her. Please don't tell me...this will be the last that I'll see her. The last time I'll get to hear her voice and maybe...the last time...I'll ever see her bright smile... 

As I was about to go in the ambulance with them, my dad stopped me. " No way that your going in there. You have a lot of explaining to do. Especially to the police. " My dad seemed really mad. 

They let my mom go to the same ambulance that Wendy was in. Dad took me to one of the police men and told me to explain to him what happened. After I was done explaining, I remembered that girl with blue hair. Where is she? Then she walked over to me. I couldn't she her eyes mostly because her bangs created a shadow. Then she started hitting me. " *Sob* I hate you! If you properly watched your sister *Sniff* then Lucy wouldn't be in such a condition! *Sob, Sob* Your gonna pay! *Sniff* " 

" I'm...I'm sorry... " 

" *Sniff* I hate you! " She yelled as she ran away. 

Later, dad drove us to the hospital. We were told to wait in the waiting room. I also saw a women with long blonde hair sitting down in a chair, crying. She must be that blonde haired girl's mom. I saw my mom sitting next to her. She seems to be comforting her. I walked over to where my mom was. She looked at me. Tears were in her eyes. " I'm not done with you! When we get home your DEAD! " My mom yelled. 

My bangs covered my eyes, which created a shadow. I didn't say anything. I can feel like people are staring at me. My hands turned into fists. " I know it's my fault. Okay? I know that it is! You don't have to tell me twice! " I yelled. 

" NATSU! Get over here now! " Dad yelled. 

I turned around and obeyed my father's orders. I sat next to him. Now there was only silence between us. Sometime later, I asked dad, " Where is Zeref? " 

" He is at his part-time job, but he says that he'll be coming any minute now. " 

" Oh, okay. " 

~Sometime Later~

Zeref finally arrived. " Father, Natsu, Mom, what happened to Wendy? " He asked, worriedly. He sat next to me. Dad explained what happened. 

" Oh, I see. Hopefully Wendy and that girl is okay. " Zeref said. 

Later, a doctor came to tell us (including mom) that we can see Wendy. We went to her room. She was laying in a hospital bed and blankets were on her. My mom burst out into tears. " Don't worry about her. She's fine. She only got a few minor injuries. Also, she's sleeping, but feel free to wake her up. " The doctor explained. 

" Thank you. " My dad said to the doctor. The doctor smiled. 

I walked over to Wendy and I held her hand. Thank goodness, she's okay. I smiled. Wendy slowly opened her eyes and she looked at me. " B-Big bro...where is she...? " Those were her first words that she said when she woke up. 

" Who's she? " My dad asked. 

" There was a girl that saved me...I think her name was...Lucy... " Wendy answered. 

" Sorry to interrupt your conversation but the girl that you talking about. Her name is Lucy Heartfilia. " The doctor explained. 

" Can we see her? " Me and Wendy asked at the same time. 

" Sadly, you cannot. " She replied. 

" Why not? " Wendy asked. 

I looked at Wendy, then back at the doctor. " Yeah, why can't we see her? " 

" I think that it's best that you shouldn't see her. She needs sometime to rest...mostly because of the condition that she's in... " 

" Are you trying to say that she's in a bad condition? " I asked. 

" That's exactly what I'm saying. She needs proper rest, so please don't bother her. " She bowed and said, " Now excuse me. I have to go. " Then she left.  

" I don't get it. Why can't we see her? " My sister asked. I looked at my sister. She started crying.

 " Why...? I need to see her...before it's too late... " 

- To Be Continued!