"Have you- have you been waiting long?"

"Uh no no it's fine, don't worry. Are you ready?"

"Uh yeah yeah, I got everything ready. Let's go." you were about to move but he stopped you, giving you a cute smile.

"Are you sure?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh yeah, yeah why-"

You followed his eyes down to your feet that instead of high heels were still in your slippers. Your eyes widened and your face felt hot especially as you heard Sam snicker. And the most embarrassing of all? They were pink kitties on them. Talking about being attractive!

"Please pretend you didn't see that." you looked up at him with a pleading look, face bright red.

He was trying to keep himself from laughing more, but it was so obvious "I'll try."

"Just a second." you closed the door a little, rushing away from him to find a pair of heels to match. The ones you were planning on wearing before but had obviously forgotten. You almost fell a couple times on the stairs as you rushed but you were glad Sam did not see any of that. Your eyes were wide and you could hardly breath from all the running – in heels as well, mind that – but you finally made it back to the door. You took in a deep breath and opened it again.

"Now I'm ready. Let's go." you tried to say as less breathlessly as possible.

He chuckled softly "Let's go then."

You locked the door behind you and once linking arms with Sam you immediately managed to relax. All the running seemed to be worth it after all. You couldn't help a wide smile as you looked up at him.

"So, Mr Winchester where are you taking me tonight? You said something about a restaurant."

"Yes and it's a very nice one, I know you will love it."

"As long as I am with you." you shrugged, whispering to yourself but Sam caught it.

A shy smile spread on his face and he gave your hand a small squeeze "Same here. Same here." he whispered back to you and you chewed on your lower lip. Sam opened the car's door to let you in and you smiled at how much of a gentlemanhe was.

"Thank you"

"No problem" he grinned, closing the door and quickly making his way to the driver's seat.

~*~

The entire night seemed to be like one night out of your wildest dreams. Everything was so fancy and elegant you couldn't even comprehend how anyone could ever afford this. A part of you felt guilty for enjoying this, while you were supposedto be in your room probably crying over what was happening with Dean and Mary but just for tonight you allowed yourself to be lulled by this.

You allowed yourself to truly enjoy Sam's company and all that he was offering, and that was not all this luxury. Truth was you would have enjoyed it even if you were eating hot dog in a park bench. Sam's company was what truly mattered tonight and the comfort that he offered you. Even when you did not talk about your problems the warm smiles he offered to you eased your soul, making you feel finally at peace. Like you didn't have to worry about something. That everything was going right the way it should.

"Thank you." you smiled at Sam as he poured you another glass of wine "Though I don't think you really should do that."

He chuckled "True. We both know what happens when you've had a few too many drinks." his words made you blush "But even more true is I would love to hear a few of those slip ups again."

"Sam." you mumbled, avoided eye-contact with him ad he chuckled more.

"Relax, I promise I won't tease you about it."