Mermaids (Narnia fanfiction)

My name is Star short for Starfish. I am mermaid and it is my duty to protect all creatures of the sea. King Caspian has ordered I watch these waters as he is sailing to find the seven lost kings.

I swam to the surface and saw Reap-a-cheep on the railing sharpening his sword. He saw me and waved.

" Hello Reep" I smiled

" Hello there Star. How is the water today?" He grinned

" Lovely, Is Caspian around?" I asked

Reap nodded and I saw King Caspian walk to the railing and look down at me.

" Your majesty I can sense something is wrong. You may want to slow the ship down." I said

" But Star it is a wonderful day, I trust your tail thought.." He smiled and disappeared into the ship.

I flipped onto my back and lifted my tail and slapped it onto the water as dropplets hit my cheeks.

I heard gurgling noised under the water and quickly dove down only to see three people swimming to the surface.

I grabbed the closest one to me which was a dark haired boy in strange clothing.

He looked confused and scared, he shook his head. I dragged him to the surface and he gasped for air. I caught my breath and looked at the boy. His black hair was wet and stuck to his face. He held a strong grip on my hand and his brown eyes locked with mine. He was more handsome then most mermen and certainly more then anyone in Narnia.

"Edmund!" A girl screamed

I turned my head to see a girl with brown hair and the same strange clothing.

" I want to go back to London!" A boy screamed while crying and trying to stay above water

I let the other boy go and swam over to him and grabbed his shirt i think it was.

" You have trespassed in my water and shall pay!" I grabbed his hair was about to get rid of the beast before.

" Star no!" I turned to see King Caspian swimming towards me.

I dove under water and swam over to him " Your majesty what are you doing down here."

"Come help them out of the water" He instrucked me

He helped the girl onto a board at the side of the ship. I followed and grabbed the dark haired boy and sat on the board pulling him beside me pushing my tail up and onto the board.

" Your a mermaid?" He asked in a strange accent

I tilted my head  " Who are you?"

We were on deck and Caspian handed us towels as my silver tail turned into a pair of legs. I wore a grey dress and my hair instantly dried. I handed the towel back to Caspian and stood beside him.

" Star, I would like you to meet the king and queen of old. King Edmund the Just and Queen Lucy the Valiant."

I gasped and did a small curtsy " I'm sorry your majesties I didn't-"

Queen Lucy cut me off " It's alright. You didn't know and your gave my brother a good scare." She smiled

" Yeah and look at Useless" King Edmund laughed

I turned to the third boy who had fainted.

" Excuse me your majesty what is a "Useless?"" I asked

They both chuckled " It's nothing" Queen Lucy grinned

I nodded " King Caspian do you need anything else?"

He smiled " no, Thank you Star"

I turned to Edmund and Lucy " If you will excuse me, I must get back " I was just about to jump into the water when someone grabbed my wrist.

I looked to see King Edmund " You don't have to right now, Do you?" He asked

I looked at Caspian who nodded " Not yet..............Your majesty"

He smiled " Great" He caught my gaze and I bit my lip and followed Caspian into his cabin with the kings and queens of old.