Training

Star----------------

I unsheathed my sword watching it shine in the sunlight above.

A sparring centaur stood infront of me.

"Let us see how Narnia's protector does against an old centaur." He smiled

I gave a slight smile " Come now Stryder, you must not be that bad for an old knight of Narnia."

We crossed blades before circling three times.

He made the first move, striking my wrist with the hilt of his sword. I clenched my teeth and swung for his shoulder, he quickly blocked and slashed down to my leg. I jumped and shot my sword foreword and hit his sword. Going into defense i began to hit his sword before i cut his palm and circled his swords quickly as they flew to the ground. I lunged foreword stopping as my sword touched his throat.

I chuckled "You made it too easy for me."

He sighed " I was not prepared"

I withdrew my sword and picked up his and shook hands.

"Good but short match young one" Stryker smiled

I gave a small nod.

I turned upon hearing a voice behind me "May a have a challange?"

I smiled locking eyes with King Peter.

"Of course my king." I nodded

He bowed as a crowd began to draw, he gave a sly smile crossing my sword with his.

We circled three times. He struck swiftly, we feinted back a fourth the sharp ring of metal on metal.

"Not bad" Peter remarked

"Thank you, your majesty" i used this slight distraction and did a leg sweep making him fall hitting his back on the ground

I swung my sword down as it clashed against his, he rolled quickly getting up and gave a swift swipe of his sword cutting my shoulder.

I hissed as we stood opposite from one another, we feinted a few more times blocking and dodging hits from one another.

I struck his wrist a small flow of blood escaped the wound.

He parred clutching his wrist momentarily.

"Tired all ready you majesty?" I grinned

He smiled "Not in the least"

I grunted as he twisted moving quickly and struck my ribcage with the hilt of his sword and he crashed his sword against mine. Angered but his low move I struck him with a powerful kick to the stomach, he struggled losing his balance, i watched as his face turned red with anger.

I breathed heavily as i cut my blade at an angle, he gasped and touched the cut on his cheek. He took only a moment before he blocked my second attack on his shoulder and elbowed my forearm making me cry in pain, i felt the cold touch of his sword on my neck as he faced me, my own sword in his hand upon the blade on my neck. His own sword behind my hair as he stood infront of me. Our breathing was hard as he glared into my eyes.

He stepped back and smirked "Good match"

I nodded and sighed taking my sword outstretched infront of me. Putting it up i shook hands with Peter and left for the archery field.

I shot a few arrows before i felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I jumped shooting the arrow and hitting a tree behind it.

I whirled around to see Caspian "I'm sorry my friend, I did not mean to frighten you."

I shook my head "Its alright your majesty."

He gave a faint smile " I saw you with Peter earlier"

I nodded "No doubt he is a good swordsman, your majesty"

He shook his head "It was wrong what he did."

I tilted my head "We were just sparring, Caspian."

He shook his head "He did it to annoy his brother."

I shook my head "What are you talking-"

"I see how Edmund looks at you, and you him." He cut me off

"What does King Peter have to do with this?" I asked putting down my bow

"He is trying to keep you away, that is why he embarrassed you infront of everyone." Caspian informed me

"I don't understand, King Peter said last night-" I stopped and understood, Peter did not want me with Edmund, he wanted me to keep away from Edmund. The war had nothing to do with it.

Caspian nodded and turned "Watch yourself my friend."

I walked past everyone, out of training, I did not speak as i walked into the stone building. I walked to the stone table and sat infront of Aslan's carving on the wall.

I kneeled and bowed my head "I have failed you, I have failed my people. I'm sorry Aslan. I have lost my place, I have been acting selfish. Quite foolish really, I mean did I honestly think that it would work? I wont fail you again. I must only think of my people, please help me to think clearly Aslan I beg you."

I heard a scuff and quickly turned around to see Edmund.

I stood and curtsied "I'm sorry your majesty, I didnt know there was anyone here."

He stepped forward "It's okay Star."

I smiled hearing my name from him just sounded right, i shook my head.

"Is there anything I can help you with my lord?" I asked

He walked up to me "I saw you and Peter fighting, I am sorry about him, he does not always fight fair."

I shrugged "Battle is always unfair."

He smiled "Your very beautiful, Star."

I felt my face turn hot as I tried not to make eyes contact "Thank you, your majesty."

He smiled "Come and sit we can talk."

I smirked " I would like that your majesty"