Introduction

Mulai dari awal

"No, probably not. I don't really go to dances and I'm busy anyways."

I tried to hide my disappointment.

"Oh...well, you should. Might be fun."
I stood up and walked to the back of the room to talk with some other people and give myself time to think.

---------------------------------------------------------

By 7:30pm on Thursday, I had gotten dressed, got a ride to town, picked up my friend and got some drinks before heading to the dance.

I tried to desperately not think about Alex and how I didn't actually have a date, and waited with my friend in the parking lot until the dance started.

Five minutes into the beginning of the dance, we set our drinks outside, got our stamps and went inside. The place had already been filled with people, the lights were already dim and muscle was already blaring. You could barely make out anyone in the crowds.

Eventually during the dance, one of my friends pulled me out of the room and lead me somewhere quietly.

"Alex is here, you should go talk to him."

"He's here? But he said he was busy and wasn't going to come, are you sure it's him?"

"I'm sure, we just talked and he's in there right now."

I walked in and searched through the dimly lit crowd for him, finally finding him standing in a small group of people.

I walked up to Alex and smiled before leaning in so he could hear me.

"I thought you said you weren't coming."

"Well I got the option to come here or go to Karate, and I didn't really feel like going to Karate, so here I am." He laughed.

I tried to hide my disappointment again, thoroughly upset that I wasn't the reason he decided to come.

---------------------------------------------------------

About an hour into the dance a slow song came on, and I stood off to the back with the other dateless people, waiting to be asked. Nobody asked me though, and instead I found my way to where Alex was standing so I could talk to him until it was over.

Another hour had passed and I still hadn't been asked. My mood started to drop and I walked out of the room.flr a drink. My friend followed me.

"We keep telling him to ask you to dance but he's really shy."

"I doubt he would dance with me. He doesn't even like me."

"I think he does, that's why he won't ask you."

"I highly doubt that."

I moped and went back into the dance as the song changed over.

---------------------------------------------------------

As the night wore on, they played a slow song almost every hour. Every hour I waited to be asked, especially by Alex.

As the second to last slow song came on, I started to completely lose hope that he'd ever ask me. He stood, yet again, at the back of the room with all the other singles. I sighed and watches the couples dancing.
At that moment I seen a girl run up towards him and talk to him a little before pulling him onto the dance floor.
My heart sank. My face heated up.
This girl had asked MY crush to dance with her, and he had said yes!

I paced around, growling to my friends about how she must like him. They couldn't seem to calm me down.
By this time I was now angry, disappointed and anxious, as the dance was almost over and he STILL hadn't asked me. I gave up and sat outside to calm down before joining the crowd again.

---------------------------------------------------------

The night became increasingly depressing for me after that and I didn't really feel like being there anymore. I was tired, I was getting a headache and I was just plain sad.

It was hopeless.

He wasn't going to ask me, he was never going to ask me and I never should have enbarassed myself like this. It was stupid.

Finally, they played the last song. I decided to just get up and leave and call my dad for a ride when I heard his voice behind me.

"Hey, where you going?" Alex asked, obviously putting an effort into being talkative.

"I was gonna go...I don't really have any reason to be here anymore."

"Awh well that's too bad, I was just gonna ask if you'd like to dance with me." He smiled crookedly and I could just make him out through the darkness.

My heart started racing.
Dance?
With him?
He wanted me to dance with him.

"Well, I can stay for that..." His smile widened as he lead me to the dancefloor.

Now, I know no boundaries when it comes to how to dance, or even SLOW DANCE with anyone at all. I didn't even know how to dance.

He placed his hands on my waist lightly and I put my arms around his neck. We started to shuffle slowly in a small circle, neither of us really knowing how to slow dance. Then I leaned my head on his chest. I breathed him in and closed my eyes, enjoying the moment. When I opened my eyes, everything was a blur and I don't know if it was from the tears or the excitement. But either way, whether he knew I wasn't suppose to have my head on his chest or not, he never objected or pushed me away. We just happily moved to the music slowly.

---------------------------------------------------------

After the dance, my friend gave me Alex's cellphone number. My father picked us up and dropped my friend off at home, then stopped at my house where I went up to my room, thinking of the dance.

---------------------------------------------------------

After many attempts to talk over text, we had finally established that he was asking me to be his girlfriend. I happily agreed and from then on, we started our awkward but fun relationship. We officially started dating on October 2nd.

---------------------------------------------------------

Our relationship started when we were both 15. His birthday is in January, and mine is in July so we watched the other grow and turn 16.

By the time valentine's day had arrived, we had been dating for only 4 months. But in those four months, we became inseparable and realized how much we loved each other. Because of our love for each other, we agreed we wanted to share something more. We decided to start a family together.

---------------------------------------------------------

By April, I received the news that I would be moving a town away and that I would be transferring schools.

By march, with the help of Alex, we had packed up my house and brought everything to the new house.

Though it was only an hour away from where he lives, it felt shattering to know we wouldn't be seeing each other very often anymore, if we were even able to at all. But by the time I had settled into my new house, we had an arrangement to see each other every Sunday for a few hours, alternating between his house and my house.

So being able to see each other, and missing each other even more, we decided to continue trying to conceive.

---------------------------------------------------------

Now here I am, 17, with a baby on the way. And now I'm going to tell you my pregnancy story.