𝐈

For as long as time has existed, or at least for as long as life has been present on the earth, there have been ways of expressing one's own views on life. Physical appearance, personality, diction, social groups, literature, etc., everything one incorporates into their everyday life can reflect out to anybody else on how they feel about their unguaranteed eighty years on this planet. It's no wonder many forms of work have surfaced throughout the years, giving individuals another method of self expression. As time moves forward, so does a civilization's feelings and resources.

Sebastian never had a problem with showing his true feelings he had for the world. To him, the meaning of his existence was to observe and visualize the world in a way people could easily understand. Despite being a human himself, he never could figure out the complexity of these beings through the scientific formula or a math equation. Humans were easier to understand when they were captured in a piece of art composed of nothing but oil paints and a canvas. Humans were easier to understand when they were captured in a simple anatomy sketch, which used nothing but graphite pencil and thick sketchbook paper.

Humans were easier to understand through art.

Sebastian didn't have to worry about listening to their sob stories when all he had to do was mimic their sorrow using watercolor and he suddenly knew everything about their life up until that point. His peers called him weird when he would draw them doing classes, not knowing that that was his way of communicating. His parents found him gifted, happy that their son was doing something that could benefit him in the long run.

He loved art for its meaning and purpose, not its outcome.

Maybe that's why he came to New York in search of furthering his artistic career. Leaving the nest at the age of nineteen sure was heart wrenching for both him and his family, but they all knew it was for the best. He promised to keep in touch, which he still kept up to three years into his four year college experience. It was hard to do that now as a senior though, graduation was coming up which meant more time was to be spent on his final projects.

He loved all his projects. He poured everything into every single detail of his work. He wanted to prove to everyone he deserved to be in this school. Not that anyone doubted him, in fact, he was the top student by the end of his very first semester and has remained there since. But he never wanted to falter from that.

The young man gained a lot of friends from his art, most of his models and classmates from older classes still stay in touch with him. He lives with one of them, a graduate named Bardroy. His other roommate and close friend wasn't a model or classmate, though she was a childhood friend who never left the man's side. Elizabeth was her name, though she did prefer Lizzie over her true name. Both of them were completely supportive of the raven, always praising him and keeping his mind clear so he could focus wholeheartedly on his goals. It worked. Because of his own discipline, and supportive allies, Sebastian was able to remain ahead of the game at all times. It's been like that for years now.

Well that was the case until recently, where he was handed his final project for the year.

He read over the topic he was given, then read it again. Completely confused by what it was trying to get at.

He was required to sketch and paint the three steps to desire.

The art part of this felt too easy to be his senior project grade. The problem was the topic itself. Sebastian didn't know how to approach such a topic. What type of desire? Were there many types of it like love or no? Did he need a human model? He had too many thoughts running through his mind.