9|Comatose Pt. 2 ✔

(A:n/ Okay, so I realise these chapters are quite short, so I'm going to aim for 1,000 words!

Avii)

I smile sadly, watching as Drestin holds on tightly to Rebecca's freezing cold hand. We're in the hospital, and every where's so sterile and white. God it hurts my eyes.

     I glance over at Red, who's frowning worriedly, her brows furrowing. I get up from my uncomfortable orange chair, and place a hand on her shoulder. She stops staring out the windows, fingers flying up off the small tabby cat that was taking a snooze in front of her.

    I ignore the demon spawn, and sit down beside Red. "Hey. You okay?"

She shrugs, turning her head back to the glass. "I'm as fine as I can be, after seeing my friend laid out on the ground like a sacrifice to some rapist cult."
    I sigh, laying my head on her shoulder, while twirling my fingers in her hair. My own white strands stick to my head in the most disgusting way, but I'm too lazy to care.

   "Yeah, I can relate." I smile slightly, then frown. "I really want to give her a massive hug, but Drestin's already there, being a hog."

Red curls her top left lip, eyes rolling. "Ugh, don't remind me. He's beside her like she's his girlfriend."

I look up at the agitated 22 year old. "She was his girlfriend."

I swear the room drops an extra 20° C. "...what?"
    Red pushes my head off of her shoulder, getting up from her chair. She flips Drestin off, who hardly notices because he's preoccupied with making sure Rebecca's monitor didn't beep into oblivion.

The door slams behind Red, her curls bouncing out behind her. I groan, turning to Calum, who's on the ground by Rebecca's bed.
     "Why are you on the ground?" I ask, and he looks up at me.

"It's comfier than those orange blocks of plastic that they call chairs." He replies, baring his teeth in disdain at the opposing chair.
     I laugh, sitting behind him and wrapping my legs around his waist. He grins, patting my leg, and faces Rebecca's body again.

She seems paler than she was before, when she was losing blood. Now..she seems almost dead. Her hair is losing its colour, her skin nothing more than a white sheet of paper stretched over bone and muscle.
     I can't help but see her as gone. She's gone. Is she?

I sigh, rubbing my eyes. It's been a long day of coffee, stabbings and not going to lectures. Tiring.
I lean my head on Calum's back, and fall asleep.

***

When I wake up, Rebecca's awake, and the doctor is re wrapping her bandages.
  I grin wildly, looking around for everyone else.

But they're gone.

"Your friends have gone home, I'm afraid, but they all looked dead." The female doctor smiles warmly at me."I kept you where you were because you looked like you needed it."

I nod. She reminded me of my aunt in many ways, with her kindness and consideration. She also had the same motherly look as my aunt.

Pushing myself up off the ground, I stumble towards Becca, and smile at her. "Hey Becca. We miss you, and we're so glad you're not...you know, dead or anything."

She grins at me, and nods, yawning. The doctor smiles warmly. "I think she may need some rest. Goodbye Mr. Tressman."

    I wave a small goodbye, and head out into the sterile corridor, almost bumping into someone. "Oh Gosh I'm so sorry!" I squeak, before clearing my throat.
      The person looks down at me, and I groan inwardly. Killian's lips are pulled into a smirk, and he almost crushes my foot when he steps on it.

"Well look who it is," he snarls,"Little Wreny-boo. Have you learned your lesson?" I snarl at him, and just ignore his taunts, spinning right round so I can tell the doctor who was responsible for doing this to Rebecca.
     The police were useless, and so Becca had to deal with this situation alone once she got better. Unless I told the doctor who did it.

But Killian's grabs my shoulder, and growls in my ear, hot breath on my neck. "Don't you even think about telling that bitch that I did that to your little friend. Or I'll do much worse next time. To someone else."

     I scoff. "Really? I don't think so. Why did you even do that to the poor girl? We thought she was dead!" Just in case the doctor in her room could hear us, I spoke kinda loudly, but not loud enough to be weird. "Killian Harvey I swear to God I will be upset if y-"

He laughs, shaking his head. "Don't think I don't know what you're doing."

Shit.

     "You're trying to get me into the camera's line of vision, aren't you? So they can arrest me. I'm smarter than that, Wren. I thought I displayed that intelligence when I spread your friend out like Christ, and slashed into her head?"

     The door springs open, and a very angry doctor walks out of Rebecca's room. I grin inwardly, and gesture to Killian, who looks pissy. "This is Killian Harvey. He should be arrested for attempted murder, probably resisting arrest, public indecency of another, just hurting that poor girl in general."

     Doctor. Schumacher nods, and grabs a resisting Killian by the arm. He struggles to get away from her, but I'm guessing she lifts or something, so she just drags him along easily. That, or she really is a mother and knows how to handle these situations.
     I lean against the doorframe, and grin smugly as he's led to where he belongs.

  ✔

Omg guys it's almost over