Chapter 40

I was back to my second home. Back to the place I had first met Blake.

But I was back for the last time.

The noise was deafening, the crowd wild and the pungent smell of alcohol imminent but the place still enveloped me comfortingly. For the first time I found myself entering the underground with no hood, with no weight on my shoulders, with no quest for money.

I was floating.

When I was a few meters from the bar, my gaze slowly landed on a familiar figure- but this time he wasn't alone. I bit my lip to stop the huge smile from breaking out and stepped forward. His eyes leisurely turned in my direction and when they finally landed on me, he blinked.

A small smirk pulled at my lips and I laughed, "Long time no see, Sonic."

"H-Hayley?" he screamed and several heads snapped in our direction. Before I could react, he leapt over the counter and engulfed me into a huge hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly and relaxed. We stayed in that position until we had to release each other to breath from that tight hug.

He smiled the biggest smile ever and I grinned back.

"What the hell happened to you?" We both asked at the same time before bursting in laughter.

Sonic was no longer Sonic- his hair was naturally brown and he had removed all his piercings. He definitely looked more boyish and mature for his age.

"Where have you been?" He asked.

"Everywhere," I groaned and he rolled his eyes.

"I was so worried and you were gone for the longest time ever! I thought you had left the country without saying goodbye," he scolded.

"Well..." I winced, "Technically I did leave the country since I was kidnapped and all-"

"-What?" He shrieked appalled.

"The story of my life," I laughed.

"You were kidnapped? By who? How? When? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Yes, by my ex-boyfriend, by car, last week, because I was quite busy being tied and all," I shrugged.

His jaw dropped and he gaped, "Your ex-boyfriend kidnapped you by car last week and he tied you up?"

"Basically, yes," I nodded, "It's a really long story and I wish I could sit down and tell you all about my life but...someone's waiting for me," I smiled wistfully and held on his arm tighter.

His smile dropped, "You're leaving?"

I slowly nodded, "Yeah, I'm going to leave the country- and not because of kidnap," I quickly added.

"Why? With who?" He stared at me bewildered.

"With my boyfriend and his family," I grinned.

"Your boyfriend? Please don't tell me its your ex!" He gasped.

"What? No! He's in jail," I exclaimed, horrified.

"Thank God," he sighed before suddenly jumping, "I know! It was the guy I saw at the bar who was glaring at me!"

"Yeah, he's kind of protective but he's my match, literally," I laughed.

Sonic gave me a weird look before grinning, "I'm really happy for you- it seems to be serious between you two,"

"It is," I nodded.