Chapter 13

*We're back to Hayley's POV*

I leapt from the bed and called out his name but his door had already slammed shut. What the hell had just happened? Did he really kiss me again and run off? Sighing, I flopped on the bed and just slammed repeatedly the pillow into my face.

Now I was alone once again...wait...I'm alone...alone...ALONE!

I stood up so fast that my whole body toppled over the bed and I fell painfully on my backside. I scrambled up and without thinking I banged on the door Blake had gone through just a minute ago. The door flew open and I my whole body weight fell forward- right into his arms. WHY did I always get into these situations? Like it's not awkward already.

I quickly pushed myself off him and reminded me of the really urgent situation.

"Where's Mia?" I snapped. He seemed to snap out of his daze and blabbered.

"Wh- what?"

"I. Said. Where. Is. Mia?" I drew my hands into tight fists.

"O-oh she's w-with Tony in the game room- yeah that's where she is, with Tony," he cleared his throat and blinked hard. I let out a soft sigh of relief. She's safe. You've got nothing to worry about.

"Okay, okay, that's good..." I averted my eyes when I saw my pillow on his bed, "I'm sorry for...invading your personal space, I think I'll be going to see..Mia." Tugging on my sleeve for no reason, I turned around.

"Oh, no problem. Wait, I'm coming with you...to see my mother." Before I could blink an eye he was beside me. My eyes widened and I gave a short nod before quickly walking off- away from him. Unfortunately his strides were so long that he was already in front of me. We descended the stairs together.

He was staring at me. I could feel it. Resisting the urge from looking back at him, I averted my eyes to the floor. I walked quicker; desperate to get away from his intense stare. Where the hell was the game room? I swept my eyes over the living room until it settled on an incredible sight. Blake seemed to stop by me in surprise too.

Mia was running around the table, shrieking and laughing as Tony chased her- he too was roaring in laughter. Suddenly, Tony leapt forward and and caught Mia's shirt. Squealing, they both crashed to the floor.

"I got you!" Tony shouted and started to tickle Mia in hysterics.

"T-tony stop! I- can't breath hahahah," she burst into another fit of laughter. He finally stopped when his head lifted up to meet Blake and I.

Mia's smile widened when she saw me too. I knelt down and opened my arms wide. She scrambled up and jumped into them.

"Pig! I'm sorry for running off," she said, making me shake my head.

"No, don't apologize, it seems like you had real fun with Tony here," I grinned.

"Yeah! We played with his lego and then we decided to play catch! Can I go play with him again sometime?" She bit her lip.

"Of course! But don't forget that school starts in about thirty minutes," I nodded and she squealed and pecked me on the cheek before rushing back to him. My heart swelled in happiness. I was so glad that she was having fun and enjoying her time. It had been so long...so long.

"I wish you would smile more often," Blake muttered making my head snap up in shock. He had a dazed off look as if he didn't even know what he had just said. Had he been talking about me? I shook my head and stood up to walk back upstairs now that I knew Mia was safe.

"'Morning kiddos! Did you sleep well?" Blake's mom, Jenny suddenly appeared on top of the stairs.

"Yes ma'am, thank you," I gave her a genuine smile. She squealed and clapped her hands, "Oh goodie, I'm going to head to the kitchen to make breakfast so be down soon,"