True Friends?

5th period---Tuesday
I was tired so Daniel let me rest by legs on his lap while he sat in the desk next to me. I was writing an interview sheet for Journalism. Daniel was giving me ideas while he folded a piece a paper. His ideas weren't good but led me to better questions. Every once in a while he would run his hand back and forth from my ankle to the middle of my thighs. By 12:55 I left for my interview.
7th period---Tuesday
After working on the computers for a while, I noticed Sophia on her knees in front of Daniel. He sat turned around in his chair, Sophia was holding him up in it. I walked over, confused.
"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked sweetly. Sophia had known him longer than I did. She got up and stood beside him.
"He's upset about not seeing Madeline over Spring Break." Sophia responded with rolling eyes.
Daniel began falling out of his chair. I grabbed one shoulder as Sophia grabbed the other, together we hoisted him back up in his chair.
He rested his head on my stomach and I looked at Sophia with wide eyes. I was scared, I'm usually the one upset. She fell on the floor laughing. I rubbed his back with one hand while the other sat on his head. I rested my chin on my hand. I felt a few tears on my stomach, he wrapped his arms around me.
Rose, Dylan, Ariana, and Rapheal had been in the hallway working on a poster for yearbook. Rose opened the door and ran over to Sophia and asked why she was on the floor. She pointed to me and Rose ran out into the hallway. She came back with Rapheal, Ariana, and Dylan. I began blushing and a tear came to my eye.
I felt like a true friend.
**********************************************************************************************
I got picked up early and rode back over to the park. I hung out with Eathan, Mac, Jason, and Tristan. I asked where Daniel was and they said he was at the library. I forgot that he did the homework help in the library. So I hung out with the four weirdoze for a while. They all left by the time Daniel came over. I was sitting down in the grass staring at my phone. Rereading everything from Jarred to be sure I didn't say anything to get me in trouble. He sat down about an inch away from me. We sat in silence, staring at a tree a few yards in front of us.
Suddenly, four Hispanic boys walked up to us.
"Yo was up Daniel?" The short one spoke.
"Hey." Daniel responded annoyed. I tried my best to ignore them but then....
"Ay is this yo girl Daniel?" He inspected me. "Nice job man, she's got a nice ass."
"We're not dating." I spoke up. I guess that's not what Daniel wanted cause he looked up at me as if I had just killed someone.
"He's dating someone else." I said.
"I know one of you wants to date the other." The tall one smirked. My heart began to beat faster as the short one moved next to me. Another one who hasn't said a word stood next to Daniel. The last one stood a few inches away from the short one.
The short one started petting my hair and I tried swatting him away. He pulled my hair so I was looking up at him. I winced but didn't make a sound at the pain. I expected Daniel to say something but he sat there in silence.
The tall one came over and bent down, he was inches away from my face. I attempted to hit him but he grabbed my fist and held it behind my back. He smiled and said, "Ahhh, so it's you." He continued as I struggled in my restraints. "You like him don't you?"
The short one interrupted him. "Uh no man she loves him."
"Ya, so I love him. What are you gonna do?" Daniel raised his head at this statement, he tried to look at me but the boy standing next to him grabbed his scalp.
"Your pretty. You should be with me." The short one looked me up and down and smirked.
The tall one realeased my fist and handed me over to the short one who began petting my hair. He licked his lips.
I've had enough of this. If Daniel is scared of them, I have to scare them off.
In one motion I grabbed the short ones arm and flipped him over my shoulder and he joined Daniel and I on the ground. He grunted in pain, then surprisingly smirked and said, "Feisty, I like it." I picked my left leg up and brought it down hard on his stomach. He fled, and so did the rest of them except the tall one. He picked up a fist and threatened to swing at Daniel. I stood grabbed his arm and pulled his wrist in between his shoulder blades. I swung my knee hard into the back of his, forcing him on his knees. He finally left.
I smiled and turned around to see Daniel sitting there. Staring at his phone.
I left with tears filling my eyes. I called Sophia and told her what happened.
Daniel sat there and let guys touch my body.
Daniel sat there and let guys look me up and down.
Maybe he didn't care about me at all.