Authors Note / Explanation

Authors Note:
SUP GUYS this was a kind of "spur of the moment" thing, because I started it last night and I just couldn't stop writing.

This also explains why this story isn't really all that good (sorreh).

I've posted all of the chapters at the same time because this story/series is here to (mostly) just be here.

If anyone's reading this book then that's great and I love you so so so much, but if nobody is then that's completely fine too because I just like the fact that I have a story/series I can go back to so I can improve my writing in the future :-)

So yeah. Thank you guys for everything! I hope you don't mind these shorts (theyre called shorts because they cover years worth of story events in a little under ten chapters and I have nothing else to call them lolol).

Now, read on for the explanation!

✖️
✖️

Explanation:
Alison Hayes has schizophrenia.
(I'm sorry if it offends anyone that I used a mental health condition such as schizophrenia in my story. I don't mean to make fun of the condition, as I know it's a very serious thing, it's just in the story plotline).

Alison was diagnosed with scizophrenia at a very young she. When Alison was 10, she met her therapist. His name was Luke.

Luke kept her going (basically). He encouraged her, he made her happy, he made her talk (seeing as he was a therapist). To him, it was simply because he was doing his job. But to Alison, it was a growing friendship, and she soon labelled Luke as her "best friend".

It didn't help that Luke called her "pretty girl". He called her that because, although she was pretty, he found that whenever he said that name, she would become happy. And a happy Alison meant that he could get more information as her therapist, thus meaning he could help her quicker (also meaning that he could get through his job a lot faster).

When Alison left Indigo Sanitarium at the age of 13, she thought she would keep in contact with Luke, seeing as he was her "best friend". That, of course, didn't happen- once she was out of Indigo, his job was done.

Alison found this out and felt like Luke never really cared for her. This lead to her becoming obsessed with him; she'd see him everywhere, talking to her, giving her advice. The Luke she imagined was much more affectionate to her than the Real Luke, and that's all she ever wanted.

However, as she grew older, she became more infatuated with him- more obsessive, more frustrated, more restless. She began to imagine him telling her to do things; from the littlest actions to the biggest threats- such as tracing fingerprints on the window to slamming the table while her sister was beside it.

This was the cause of the two murders.

When Alison killed Ella, she did it because she felt as if her sister was rubbing it in her face that Luke was not there. Ali misinterpreted this into Ella forcing her to believe that Luke wasn't around and never would be, and that he never liked her. This made Alison kill her own sister, but it made her feel safer to blame it on Luke- because she knew that he would "always be there" for her.

Calum's death went a similar way. Only this time, Alison was scared that he'd actually turn her in to the police, so she killed him and also blamed that death on Luke too. She spent too much time arguing with herself in the house, and by the time she'd left, there was a group of police cars parking around the neighbourhood.

Alison then got admitted back into Indigo Sanitarium, where she was finally reunited with the real Luke.

To her, he made her kill all those people. To her, he called her "pretty girl" to show her that he loved her when nobody else did. Luke was with her ever since she got admitted into Indigo, never quite leaving her side.

But to him, she was just another patient in the Sanitarium that he had to take care of. To him, he hadn't seen Alison since she was thirteen. She was just some pretty girl he had to listen to; some other pretty girl that he had no choice but to help.

✖️
✖️

Thank you for reading, you wonderful people :-)