Anna puts the pieces into a black and slick bag, asking for Zion's card. I check the prices, making my eyes go wide in shock. Goddess I hope the kingdom or King is not in debt after this. Three million. I'll give him some questions as well.

As we exit the store, I take in a deep breath of the city air, free from the shop as Zion only pulls me into the car in a rush, explaining how he wants to take me somewhere.

Once in the car and heading into the miserable traffic, I turn to Zion. "Three million?!"

"Let me guess," he begins, turning to face me as I cross my arms. "You didn't think I'd do-

"People just don't randomly spend that much money on jewelry for someone they haven't known for more than a year," I remark, letting my head hit the headrest as I sigh. "What am I to you, Zion? You insist on parading me around to your kingdom for sure during this ball due or the fact that you picked the design and details of my dress and spent over enough money on jewelry."

"I've told you, Sybil, time after time, that I want to be your mate, that we are to be mates. Human's find their mates by falling in love, not having them picked out by their gods. I know we are to be mates."

I scoff, shaking my head. "How old are you, Zion, because with age comes wisdom. What are you? No older than twenty-six, though we werewolves slow down our aging at twenty-five."

Fact, us werewolves do slow down in our aging process, letting our lives be spanned out longer. The Moon Goddess let this be because of the population numbers of werewolves, we are hardly even a race due to the same numbers of what we used to be.

"Twenty-eight."

"Ten years older," I mumble.

"Twenty-nine on the night of the ball."

"Eleven years doesn't make it any better," I mumble, taking in a deep breath as I look at the fine male specimen before me. Goddess he is one hell of an Adonis. "Does the age gap at least make you rethink everything?"

Zion pulls over, a few people honking in the way as I find myself biting the inside of my cheek. Suddenly, my chin is grabbed, facing Zion as my wolf stores. How the hell can someone be so gorgeous? "I've thought about what people will say, Sybil, I've thought about what my friends and family will think, about how the people around us will judge us," Zion exclaims, suddenly pulling me out of my seat and into his lap, my back arching to not try and honk the horn. "I'm not dumb."

"I never said you were. Zion, you barely know me!"

I feel uncomfortable and very unprofessional as I straddle the Alpha King, in a car, my dress completely ridden up due to the fact it's form-fitting. "I know you enough, Sybil, that I want to spend the rest of my days with you," Zion states, making my eyes grow wide and my skin pale. "All I want is your response."

Lips are upon mine in seconds, claiming mine passionately as I feel things go south.

Right away, I pull away, crawling right out of his lap and into my seat. "How about this, Zion," I begin. "You pull out a ring next time and say some cliché shit and I'll take you seriously."

In fifty minutes we've pulled up before a massive skyscraper, a valet hopping out as Zion tosses him the keys. Right away Zion helps me out, thanking one of the doormen as we enter the massive entry of the building. It's barely even as luxurious as the palace, the simple, brown, marble floods duller compared to the castle and the cases not as ancient. Zion leads me right to the elevator, pulling me in with him. He presses the top floor button, holding his finger down for five seconds.