Chapter 2 - A Startling Beginning

Lola

"Take care girls! We love you!" Called Mum and Dad.

..as if!

"At least look a little happy, please?" Begged Lucy.

"Not a chance!" I retorted back.

She sighed in defeat, "whatever.."

We walked in (well I trudged) through the elaborate entrance that read, "Heather Heights Boarding School" and headed straight for the receptionist.

"Good morning and welcome to Heather Heights Boarding School, what can I do for you today?" Said the receptionist in a way that you'd think she's bored of her job.

"We're new and would like to know our dorm number please." Replied Lucy politely.

"Names?"

"Lucy and Lola."

"Your dorm is 492, here's your key, run along now."

"Uhh, thanks."

Then, to my surprise Lucy grabbed my hand and swiftly lead us away. Her face was expressionless, does she really want to be here?

Suddenly, a terrifyingly tall man swept past us, causing a sharp pain to shoot up my leg.

"Oww!" I exclaimed, clutching my leg forcefully.

"What happened?!" Said Lucy, running up to me with a worried expression on her face.

"I don't know, I just..felt something jab into my leg, a needle maybe?" I guessed, whilst rubbing my leg vigorously.

"That's ridiculous!" Laughed Lucy.

Suddenly, there was a loud thump and a young girl's body lay before us, sprawled across the floor in a terrifying fashion. She looked no older than any of us.

We both gasped in unison at the sight in front of us.

"Is she...dead?" Stammered Lucy.

"It..it's hard to tell.." I replied in shock, "we..we should call 999."

"Y..yeah, lets.." Said Lucy, reaching for her pocket.

Without warning, a hand shot out of nowhere and knocked Lucy unconscious.

"L..Lucy?" I whispered, immediately kneeling beside her.

No response.

All of a sudden I remembered the dead body and glanced over to where I thought it would be cautiously.

It was gone.

I swear it was there.

I'm sure of it.

Hey Everyone! I hope you liked this chapter - MURDER, dun dun DUUN! Jokes jokes😂 Anyway I'll see you next time! ~ Lisa :p