He stopped mid-stride, pivoted, and lead me into a cave I hadn't noticed before.

He guided me carefully through tunnels, lit by glowing crystals, and into a large alcove, with a glittering pool of water in the center.

He sat down on the edge, and let his feet and legs dangle in the still water.

"Start from the beginning."

I nodded, "Okay, imagine there's another timeline, other than this one-"

"You don't have to explain anything, just tell me what happened."

"Alright. I woke up one morning, and set out on a patrol, me and my group, which we called Ascension, found a girl in a bunker. The one I was with."

"Segoe?"

"No, _____."

"Continue."

"So, I liked her... kinda. I was sort of more, relying on her for relief from my PTSD, rather than actual love, at first, because, I've never really been attracted to anyone before. And, I had my friend's soul. They had died, and they had given me their soul, and I ended up looking like this. But with two arms."

I took a breath, and he summarized, 

"So, first, your friend died, and gave you their soul, and you ended up looking like that."

"Yep."

"Then you found a girl, and you kind of had... mmm... stirrings for her."

"Yea, I'd say stirrings."

"Next?"

"Then, I had planned a coup to overthrow the two monarchies that were at war, so the fighting would end. But... she got kidnapped.... twice, I think, and I thought that I'd felt love for her."

"And then what?"

"Well... I thought she loved me too, right? So, then, I got kidnapped, and tortured, but the people who tortured me ended up deciding that they'd rather have the fighting stop- but, not the war, and I didn't know what they meant. But, before I left, they warned me about someone, and later I met this guy called Reset, who I thought wanted to kill me, who, the two people who'd tortured me, Lucent and Aphotic, had warned me about, but... in truth he was just as trapped in this world as I was."

"So, you wanted to overthrow the monarchies and end the war, but you stopped because she got kidnapped, found her, and then you got kidnapped, and tortured, and met with three guys, Lucent and Aphotic-"

"Lucent and Aphotic are kind of like gods, they have angelic abilities."

"and Reset, who all wanted the fighting to stop, but they didn't mean the war. Is that right?"

"Yep." 

"And then?"

"Turns out, there's a woman, a virus rather, who I later learned was called Wires, but was possessing someone named  Carmine, and she was going to kill us all. And there was only one guy who could stop her, but he always ended up getting killed, every single time, by the king, Hadet, which turns out, was actually Death, and Reboot, the guy who could stop Carmine, was already supposed to be dead, so Hadet kept killing him."

"So, Carmine was going to kill you all, and could only be stopped by Reboot, but he kept dying at the hands of Hadet."

"And you know how  I said she was a virus? Well she possessed my girlfriend, because she was stronger than Carmine, and so, I ended up having to kill her. Impail her, with my hand, actually. so that it would all end, and restart."