4

|Rosie|

Today's fashion show ended a lot earlier than I expected. When I reached home, I planned on watching back to back of The Big Bang theory and eat the rest of the vanilla ice cream that was hiding in the freezer away from Ray and the twins.

I unlocked the front door and dropped my bag in the hallway. I locked the door and dropped my keys on the table near by. I slipped out my shoes and made my way into the living room. I turn the tv on, putting it on the right channel, before going to go and search for my ice cream.

Just as I was about to enter the freezer, the landline phone rang. I quickly answered the phone.

"Hello?" I spoke through the phone.

"Rosie! It's Georgia, where were you last night at the launch party?" Georgia replied.

"I couldn't find anyone to look after the twins, my Mom wasn't home and neither was Ray at the time," I say. I'm not completely lying. Ray wasn't home at that moment in time.

"Awww, well you didn't really miss anything, just that Kat said she's leaving the agency and is looking for a new manger for upcoming shows," Georgia tells me in a chilled voice. My heart just skipped a beat, I swear.

"What? She's leaving and is looking for a new manger? That's crazy!" I say, taking a seat and the island. I feel light headed...

"I know? And that spot has your name written all over it, She's bound to pick you! You do an amazing job with models on making them look good, you've never had any problems with any other staff members and everyone love you!" Georgia goes on. This could be it!

"Thanks Georgia, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up just yet, I'm still a stylist for now and that's what I'm gonna focus on," I tell my friend. I know she's not rolling her eyes, I can imagine her doing it now.

"What ever helps you sleep at night Rosie, anyway have you spoken to Ray?" Georgia questioned.

"Well we did fight last night, was late coming home again, we argued but we're okay now, it's all good," I say, trying to reassure Georgia my marriage isn't too bad.

"Well there's no surprise there, you really need to sit done and talk to him, not just make you breakfast and kiss you on the lips, he needs to be there for his family!" Georgia rants on. I get where she's coming from, but I can't do that. I just can't.

"I'm not complaining to him Georgia, I have enough problems on my plate," I sigh heavily. She just doesn't get it.

"Yeah, and this is one of them Rosie, why can't you understand that?" Georgia asked me, her voice full of confusion.

"Because I don't want people to think my marriage is full of crap!" I burst out. I hear keys drop into the telephone table that's in the hallways near the door. Little feet tread up stairs and I feel a presence enter the room.

"I'll talk to you later," I say quietly, ending the phone call. I don't turn around. My heart is pounding, and I don't know what to do.

"Is that true? You think our marriage is full of lies and unfaithfulness? Because then it would be crap!" Ray spoke and I refrained myself from crying.

"I guess you could say it's full of lies, I wouldn't know if you've cheated on my or not, you're never here to tell me," I say lowly, but he hears it.

"I would never cheat on you Rosie! How could you say that?" He yelled. I knew he was crying.

I can't have Kaiden and Kaitlin hearing this.

I call my Mom, and ask her if she can have them for the night. I tell the twins to get ready and soon enough, Mom comes to get them. We have goodbye to them then we enter the kitchen.

"So you think I'm cheating?" Ray asked me. I didn't know what to say.

"Answer me Rosie!" He yelled again. The ears flowing freely down his face.

"Yes! I think you are! But can you blame me? You're never here Ray!" I yell back. Tears fall from my eyes.

"Anything else?" He asked, looking me in my eyes.

"Do you even love me?" I replied. "You haven't told me you do love me in eight years Ray..." I whisper, my heart shattering into pieces. I could tell his heart was breaking too.

"I do love you, I just can't keep arguing like this," he tells me. Ray walks over to me and holds me.

"I can't either..." I say, my voice just above a whisper.

"Then let's go out now, the town square is still open this evening. Music is playing until two in the morning," Ray says, and I agree. I need to just clear my head. We grab some shoes and head out the house. I lock the door behind us and get into the passager seat and Ray is in the driver seat.

The ride was silent. I stared out the window and Ray's eyes were on the road. It was around ten o'clock, the steer lamps lighting up the night sky. I smile at the beauty and Ray takes my hand and holds it tight. I turn to look at him and I smile.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A massive speaker was blasting out sings from the music shop. Anne's café was open as well, and people, old and young were dancing with friends or their partner. Ray parks the car and then helps me out. He takes my hand and leads me to the 'dance floor'.

We were having fun like we were 17 again. We shove the argument to the back of our minds, letting loose of all the stress we've had on our shoulders. We haven't gone out for a hard since becoming parents. I was sixteen, carrying two lives inside of me. I did online school work just to avoid comments, looks of disgust and questions I couldn't answer.

Our wedding song started to play and looked at Ray in shock. I haven't heard this song in years!

Ray holds me tight, as we sway, singing the song to each other. I lookup at him and our lips gently connect.

I really do love this guy...❤️

(Song in the mm💗)