Chapter Four

A week has past since Peyton has enrolled in dance at Ridgeview. A week since Gabriella had seen Troy. A week since Gabriella had been able to go to the studio. She had a busy schedule with the firm she worked at. She had a total was ten cases this month, one of which, was her ex-boyfriend from before she attended East High School during Sophomore year at Sun High School.

"Dad! I need to go to school." Brittany called into her father's bedroom.

"Wait, what?" Troy asked opening his ensuite bathroom door. He had just got out of the shower. It was Monday morning. "School?"

Brittany rolled her eyes. "Yes, school. My home school teacher told me I have to spend some time in a classroom surrounded by normal girls my age."

"Normal girls? Brittany, you're normal." Troy told his daughter.

"What I meant was...." Brittany started. "Normal girls that go to school, don't have hectic dance schedules, strict diets, a life."

"Your schedule isn't as hectic as most dancers. And you don't even have a diet, what are you talking about? You're a competitor dancer. You don't got a diet. Your body will work perfectly fine any size you are."

"Enough with the long lectures..." Brittany pleaded. "Now, are you gonna drive me or do I call Thomas?"

Thomas was Brittany's personal driver.

"I'll drive you," Troy walked into his closet. "You can come into my bedroom, Brittany."

"Okay." Brittany said. She sat on Troy's bed and turned on the TV.

"Isn't today that Parent-Teacher conference thing?" Troy asked.

"Oh yeah, hey. Well, I've been in that class like six times, the teacher probably knows me well enough to have a conference with my father."

"Six times?" Troy was surprised. "How come you didn't tell me you were spending time in classrooms? I didn't even know about this."

"You know when I told you I was shopping with Kylie?" Brittany smiled. "We were actually at school getting the taste of normal."

"Oh. Well, we better go. I heard school started at nine?"

"Yep, let's go, Daddy." Brittany got up and followed Troy to the garage.

"Hello, this is Gabriella Montez speaking. How may I assist you?" Gabriella answered into her phone.

"Gabriella, it's Miranda. I really need your help!" Gabriella's friend, Miranda practically screamed into the phone.

"Of course. Of course. What's the problem, Miranda?"

"My son was selected for a national art competition and I have to take him to Denver ASAP."

"How do I help?"

"I need you to take over my classroom for the day, until I find a sub."

"Miranda, I don't think I'm qualified."

"Sure you are. You have a bachelors in english. I teach english at the junior high. Please. Just go to the junior high. It's room 3B. You only have four classes planned today."

"Um, I'll see if I can get off."

"Oh, another thing.."

"What?"

"I left instructions on my desk. You have to run a parent teacher meeting tonight. Thanks, hon. Bye."

Gabriella hung up her phone and went to her boss' office that was down the hall from hers.