Parents

Dear MissRadMad (aka Love Doctor),

This boy and I have been friends since 7th grade, and even though it's only been 2 years, it feels like we've known each other forever! People also have been saying how perfect we would be together since 6th grade (when he transferred to my school). Anyway, it's 9th grade now, and both of us really really like each other A LOT. The only problem is that his parents won't let him date because, according to his dad, "girls are a waste of time at this age." He is respecting his dad's authority and not disobeying him, something that I really respect him for a lot. We don't know when his dad says it's okay (just sometime after freshman year), but could you give me some ideas on how to maybe convince him to let us date as well as some ideas on how to make the wait not seem so hard and long? Thank you!

Sincerely,

Juliet waiting for her Romeo

LOL heyy Juliet (Nice name, very poetic, I like it :)

You two sound so cute.

Parents can be a very hard thing to get around. It's unusual  that it is his parents seeing as it is usually the girls. I can see where his Dad is coming from, at that age relationships aren't as serious and most breakup within a few months BUT his dad does have to see that allthough it may not be a permanent thing it is a thing everyone needs to go through to make mistakes and to learn from them.

What i would explain to his dad is that you both know that at this age relationships are not permanent and that most do not last but that you both really like each other and would like the chance to be together, If you do break up then there is no harm in it but you do not know!

I met my boyfriend and we started dating in year 9 and have nearly been dating for a whole year and i love him.

 If after you talk to his parents and they still say no then their is not much you can do.

DO NOT let his dad seperate you, if you too are truly meant to be together a little time will not seperate you it may even bring you closer. But stay friends, i know that may seem hard but atleast you still get to be together and it may even get his parents to let you date sooner.

Good Luck with getting your Romeo

XOXO

MissRadMad