Prologue

Prologue

I was swimming in the feathery embrace of darkness and loving every single second of it, it was like a drug hooking me upon it and I was drinking from its endless pool.

I had a distant nagging telling me I should snap out of it and go back into reality, but the almost forgotten pain of torture was still there in my chest vaguely familiar and pulsing with the reminder of my mate having sex with my step-sister this very moment.

So I decided to swim deeper into this abyss of nothingness, but the more I tried to drown into it the faster I was being sucked back to reality and soon I found my eyes opening only to be blinded by a bright light.

“Wha~” my ears vaguely picked up my own voice sounding weak and groggy.

I decided to wait till I was completely out of the darkness and opened my eyes once more to see Dr. Jenkins our pack doctor removing the bright light pointing towards my face and looking down at me with worry edged deeply into his features and pity in his eyes.

I tried to get up, though really I shouldn’t because the pain was too much and Dr. Jenkins had to help me back down.

“You should rest for a couple of days” he said as he handed me a glass of water, I wasn’t really thirsty but I took it anyways, shocked afterwards, by the dryness of my throat as the cool moisture slithered down what seemed like a Sahara inside my throat.

After wards a long silence fell into the empty room as I noticed I was in the main pack house in Dr. Jenkins’s office and Dr. Jenkins had now moved onto his desk typing away on his computer while looking at his key board from time to time.

“Why am I in here?” I heard myself ask my voice still rather groggy and weak, Dr. Jenkins looked up from whatever he was doing across the room towards me and I could tell something serious had happened and he wanted to tell me but was waiting for something.

“You will know as soon as the Alpha, well to be more specific soon to be Alpha because the Alpha’s out on some urgent business, arrives along with your father” Dr. Jenkins told me still with pity in his eyes and as professionally as he could.

This of course caused sirens to go off in my head and as I looked at Dr. Jenkins I could swear I saw red and blue lights going off and on with that annoying police siren on the police officer’s’ cars.

But what really got me worried was the fact that I’d have to see HIM again, him being my mate and the guy I’d rather avoid at any cost.

So I did the first thing that came to mind and jumped off the bed as fast as I could hoping to quickly reach the open window behind me, though before I could my body betrayed me and I crumbled to the floor; this was ironic because this is exactly how I felt right now~ out of control and crumbling one by one and not just because of HIM either.

“What’re you doing? Are you crazy?” Dr. Jenkins quickly rushed towards me and picked me up gently bridal style as if I was some fragile piece of antique china, or as if I’d fall into pieces by just a touch (which wasn’t that far off from my inner turmoil)

“Please call them back and tell them they don’t need to come” I managed to speak through my dry throat begging him to listen to me as he stared at me contemplating what I’ve requested of him.

“Originally I’d comply to your wish, really I would” he said honestly as I released a sigh full of relief, but he continued crushing the sliver of hope, “but in this case it is highly crucial I do as regulation drills instruct us to do”

I pouted at him trying my best at puppy eyes even though they never worked when it came to me and just like all those times before when I tried to get out of something but instead was showered in double the work from before because I tried to ‘fool’ (as my step-mother calls it) them into making myself seem cute when I was nothing like it (again my step-mother’s words) ; it did not work, instead he just ignored me and started looking at his wrist watch and then the watch on his wall anxiously.