xx. i never meant to hurt you

"never hurt like
this before."

Riley Matthews woke up to someone shaking her.

"Riley, wake up," Her mother's voice seemed drag Riley back to reality.

"Whhhyy," Riley mumbled into her mattress.

"Because you've slept for almost two days!"

Riley shot up.

"I have?!" Riley asked in utter disbelief.

"Yeah, you have. But your father and I talked to your grandparents and the Minkuses. You both can go, but you have to be back before school in session again. We leave at noon," Topanga explained before leaving her daughter's room.
***
Farkle shoved his hands down into his pockets to keep himself from wringing them raw. He had asked Smackle to meet him at Topanga's. He couldn't believe he was about to do this. He watched her frame walk through the doorway. Farkle swallowed.

"Isadora!" Farkle called out to his girlfriend, making her look his way."Over here!"

Isadora approached him slowly, her raven waves swaying back and forth as she came. Her eyes were narrowed in a mistrusting way. Or maybe it was to try and hide how red they were.

"Why am I here, Farkle?" Isadora asked as she sat down next to him.

Farkle sighed.

"Because I wanted to apologize. I never meant to hurt you or take you for granted. I never meant to get wrapped up in this whole fiasco with Riley. You're truly wonderful, Isadora. But with these circumstances, I want to break up with you. I'm doing this, so I won't string you along any longer. You deserve the chance to find someone who will make time for you and only you, and I don't want to keep you from that. I'm truly sorry about all of this."

Isadora looked down to her lap. A few seconds of silence passed. Farkle's eyes didn't leave her. He felt awful about everything, but he didn't want to hurt her any further. He wanted her to find someone to be happy with.

"I appreciate your apology, Farkle. I'm going to miss you, but thank you. I hope everything gets worked out. I hope one day we can resurrect and start again," Isadora said quickly before leaving Topanga's. Farkle leaned his head against the wall, shutting his eyes. The burden was definitely still there.
***
Riley had finished packing. She was sitting on her bed, her laptop open, but she couldn't focus or comprehend a word she was reading. All Riley could think about was the night with Farkle in the rain. She remembered the way his fingers felt, grazing across her jaw.

Riley shut her eyes, leaning back against the wall. She couldn't help to wonder if Farkle really meant what he had said, that he loved her. Yeah, he said he had loved her since the first grade, but the time felt... different. It seemed like since New Years something in Riley had changed, something had been unlocked.

There was a knock at her door, making her snap out of her thoughts. It was her dad.

"Farkle's here. We're ready to go."

Riley forced a smile,"Okay. I'll be down in a sec."

When her father left the room, Riley sighed and put her laptop back in her backpack. She threw it over her shoulder. Riley grabbed her other bag, and walked downstairs.

When she and Farkle made eye contact, Riley swore her heart stopped.
***
A/N:
***READ ALL; ANSWER ALL***

OKKKKAAAAY! first off, sorry this was so short! second off, i've picked out a name for the sequel, SERENDIPITY.

OKAY BUT ANOTHER QUESTION, i've got a multi-chapter short story in my drafts called, THE TWILIGHT ZONE. should i post the description here?

and the sequel won't come up until i'm half way through the girl time forgot. (which we're not even close oops). and i might be posting purple rain as well.

much love, peaches xx