xi. confessions

"praying like
a sinner."

Within the next four hours, Shawn, Josh, Lucas, Zay, and others had finally showed. Most all of the Matthews were there, all anxious for the fate of Maya Hart.

Darkness had set outside along with the sound of thunder and pouring rain. It matched Riley's mood. Melancholy. Riley rested her head on Farkle's shoulder, almost half asleep.

"Riley," Her father's voice pulled her back to the present.

Riley lifted her head off of Farkle's shoulder, her cheeks lightly pink.

"Yeah?"

"Mom and I are taking Auggie back home. Your grandparents are going to stay with him because it looks like we're gonna be here awhile. Anything you want us to get while we're there?"

"Um, my phone and it's charger, and a few books?"

Cory nodded and joined Topanga at the door, who had a sleeping Auggie perched on her hip. Riley rested her head back on Farkle's shoulder once her family was out of sight. Riley shut her eyes, and was soon lulled off to sleep.
***
"Doctor Turtleneck, is my niece asleep on your shoulder?" Asked a very amused Josh Matthews.

Farkle felt his cheeks burn a bit.

"I guess so," Farkle gulped.

Josh chuckled,"So her and the cowboy are no more?"

Farkle nodded.

Josh shook his head,"I always thought she was cuter with you anyways."

Farkle chuckled,"Thanks, I think."

Josh excused himself to get some food, and Farkle rested his head on Riley's. She shifted a bit. In her sleep, her hand felt around for Farkle's. Seeing what she was doing, Farkle let her grab onto his. Because of her death grip, Farkle could only guess that she was having a nightmare.

Relaxing his hand in hers, he shut his eyes too, only to have to rip himself when he sees the one and only Isadora Smackle waltz through the door. Shakily, Farkle jumps to his feet to greet his girlfriend. She offers him a very forced smile.

"Dearest," Smackle started,"I heard about your inferior friend, and my parents believed that it would be best if I came down here to support you."

Farkle gave her a half smile.

"Thank you, Isadora. I'm sure if Maya knew you were here, she'd appreciate it."

"But she can't. That is impossible. We both know that."

"Oh, hi, Smackle," Lucas spoke up from behind Smackle."Thanks for coming."

Smackle whipped around.

"Lucas!" She hissed,"stop hitting on me! Your girlfriend's in a coma!"

Farkle watched in amusement as Lucas laughed, shaking his head and blushing.

"She's not my girlfriend," Lucas whispered quietly as Smackle took a seat next to a still-asleep Riley. She looked at the sleeping girl with a look of disgust as her body sat rigidly in the chair.

Farkle took a seat next to Isadora, glancing passed her and at Riley. Lucas took the seat next Riley. Soon, Zay appeared with a bag of chips in his hands, stuffing his face. Zay slouched down in the chair next to Lucas.

For the next hour, Cory and Topanga returned and the six teenagers paced around, waiting for the fate of their friend. Soon, the nurse appeared.

"Friends and family of Ms. Maya Penelope Hart?" The nurse asked. In union, everyone stood.