Chapter 29

Tyler

I tried calling Carmen but her phone keeps going straight to voicemail.

"Do you think she's okay?" Blake whispers.

"Who?" I ask.

"Carmen." He says.

I take a deep breath.

Everyone is looking at me for the answer. Delaney would generally tell him he's stupid for asking a stupid question, that no, she's not fucking okay.

Slowly, I let out my deep breath.

"No." I sigh.

Carmen

It's dark now, and it's still pouring rain.

People keep pulling over to ask if I'm okay and they offer me umbrellas, but I'm completely soaked. It's not like it matters anyways.

I eventually got up and left.

I got to the end of the bridge when I started crying again, and running.

And now?

Now I've snuck through the back door at Blake and Delaney's house after jumping the fence, and I've crawled into Delaney's side of the bed, fully clothed.

Tyler

She never came to the yacht last night, and when I showed up alone and panicked, we all started to freak.

"Shit." Blake says. "She's missing."

"At three I'm calling the police." I whisper. "She's not answering the phone and I already went and looked everywhere."

It just woke stop raining. It's been pouring, but it's because we have a tropical storm developing near the Bahamas, entirely too close to us, so we're getting rain.

A lot of rain.

"I'm going to run home. Take a shower, bathe Cameron." Blake mutters.

"Alright." I say.

"We're going to find Carmen." He whispers.

I sigh in response.

He walks out with Cameron.

Blake

I showered downstairs. I couldn't go into the bedroom. Not without Delaney.

But I have to. My clothes are in there.

I sit Cameron in the playpen, giving him toys, and then I make my way upstairs, loosening my towel.

I pull it completely off, walking into the bedroom.

And then I wrap it right back around my waist.

Somebody is laying in Delaney's side of the bed, completely covered, not moving.

The person is breathing.

I stare at the being for a second, unsure of what to do.

Should I call the cops?

Hesitating, I yank the covered off the person.

She's huddled into a ball. Her whole face is red from crying, and she's naked.

Butt ass naked.

I hand the blanket back to her.

Her hair is a mess.

She doesn't say a word to me.

"Carmen." I whisper. "What are you doing?"

"I'm sleeping." She whispers, her voice breaking, she starts crying again.