Chapter 8

We talked for an hour and I was left feeling shocked. Seth is head over heels in love with me apparently and I have no idea if I love him. I bit my lip as I washed the shampoo out of my hair. I did get jealous when that Sophia chick claimed to be his girlfriend, but that could be because I was his best friend. I was literally the only girl who had all of his attention.

Once I was done I dried myself off and changed into the clothes he left me. I smiled when I realized he gave me his shirt.

"Done?" The guard asked as I stepped out.

I nodded, "Hey, what's your name anyway?"

"Jay." He grinned.

"Well Jay, my name is Lilianna, it's a pleasure to meet you."

He chuckled, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well."

"So, how long am I staying down here for?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, Seth wants to make sure the hunters can't get past the patrols." He explained.

I sighed as I curled up on the ground, wrapping the blanket around me and resting my head on the pillow. Before I slipped into oblivion, my thoughts were surrounded by a certain someone.

I woke up to Jay panicking on the phone, rambling about finding someone.

"He was shot in the fucking chest! How did you lose him?" He exclaimed.

I furrowed my eyebrows and sat up, both of us snapped our attention over to the hall where several hunters were running down. Jay's eyes widened as he quickly grabbed me and dragged me into another hall.

My heart was racing as we continued running, trying to escape them. We skidded to a halt when we reached the exit, spinning around, we came face to face with our enemies.

"Huh, so, this is the famous Lilianna? Parker will be glad we found his daughter." The leader sneered.

I narrowed my eyes, "Who are you again? I don't believe we met."

"Zayne, princess. Name is Zayne."

"Princess? You're a pretty ugly princess."

Jay had to hold back his laugh as he continued trying to get the door to open.

Zayne glared at me, "Looks we got a little clown on our hands."

"She certainly looks like one." A female hunter mumbled.

I cocked my head, "I do? Awesome, I was going for the Joker look."

As Jay finally got the door to budge, he grabbed my hand and yanked me outside. We slammed the door shut and continued running. I was shocked when I saw the packhouse was in flames, wolves ran around it, dragging members out.

Jay grabbed my hand again and lead me into the forest. We dodged hunters and wolves as he tried getting me to the neutral territory.

"Well, here's my daughter!"

We both froze and faced Susan, our eyes wide. She chuckled as she gently ran a silver knife along my jaw. I hissed in pain, snapping Jay out of his shock. He growled and shoved me behind him, baring his canines at Susan.

She clenched her jaw, "Jay."

"Susan." Jay growled.

I frowned, "You two know each other?"

"She's my mate, unfortunately." He grumbled.

I gaped at them, I then frowned. "Ew."

"I know." He sighed.

Susan let out a scream as she shoved the knife into his thigh. Jay yelled at me to run before yanking it out. He thrusted the handle of the knife into my hand before I ran off.

I looked behind me to see him throwing Susan into a tree. I continued running, making sure to stay hidden in the shadows. All around me was a war, hunters and wolves tore through each other. Blood soaked the ground and fur, limp bodies were laying all over the place. I was glad it was mostly hunters and not wolves.

I let out a scream when someone suddenly grabbed my elbow, swinging me around so I slammed into a tree.

"Well, this is familiar."

I spit out dirt and glared at Parker, "Parker."

"Lilianna." He smirked.

He pulled me up by my hair, "I'm shocked you lived eight years without us finding you."

"Oh, must of been so difficult." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Let her go, Parker."

I clapped a hand over my mouth as Seth leaned against a tree, his shirt soaked with blood and a bullet wound in his chest.

Parker laughed, "What are you going to do? You're injured, Alpha. And quite badly, may I add."

"I'll fucking kill you, bastard." Seth snarled, pushing himself off the tree.

"Relax, wolfy. I'll let her go, damn." Parker grinned.

I was confused until he gave me a hard shove. I clawed at the ground, but I still fell into the river.