Chapter 7

Previous Chapter:

Tomorrow was the mehndi but it was only girls. Aliyah kept teasing me about not seeing Ayesha I honestly didn't care less at this point and the part I hated was she did this in front of Hamna which was uncomfortable.

I didn't get the point of why Ayesha's parents couldn't do the wedding in London and just one big celebration instead. It is even more hectic with traveling.  

Ayesha Pov

I woke up for fajr in the morning and never went back to sleep. For some reason, I was nervous and scared. Once it was 9 pm I went down stairs with Iman. Iman was still half asleep. She  was walking downstairs and almost fell over the stairs. I quickly held her arm. 

"pagal! who said to you to not sleep all night!" I laughed

"Not my fault I always stay up that late" Iman said rubbing her eyes.

I went into the kitchen and saw mama standing there.

"sallam mama," I said looking around to see if Chachi was here too.

"walikumsallam make breakfast. No one has eaten" Mama ordered straight to the point.

Mama grabbed Iman and dragged her to the living room. Iman was startled,looking back at me I just smiled and started cooking. I made 2 omelets for Chachi  and Iman, Mama and papas usual half cooked egg. For Ahmed and Rabeeah I toke out their favourite cereal. 

Once I was done the cooking. I placed everything in the dining room. I called everyone to eat and I left the dining room there wasn't any space for me to sit and I would probably cause another fight to start. I started cleaning everything up in the kitchen. I usually didn't eat breakfast. If I was in the mood I would but Usually, a glass of milk would do.

 The food wasn't my big thing, Mama always told me I was fat I use to shrug it off but a couple years ago everyone in my extended family started saying I gained too much. So I stopped eating without even knowing it was harming me. I became dangerously thin and my doctor told be that I had to start eating the food that I was avoiding. Now alhamdullilah I am fine. 

Iman came back to the kitchen dragging me into the garden.
"what the hell! why did you drag me out here?" I asked 

"yo your in-laws are coming in an hour and your mehndi starts in a couple of hours and I have to put mehndi on you," Iman said 

"And you couldn't tell me this inside huh?" I asked.

"I wanted some fresh air, no one was speaking I was dying of boredom" Iman explained

"welcome to my family, " I said 

Once everyone was done I washed the dishes and Iman helped. My in-laws came earlier than I thought they helped with decorating the house. The mehndi was going to be in the backyard. I was running all over the place, mama kept ordering me to do things.

 Once everything was done I stepped out into the back yard and saw the decor, It was very simple with little tents that were orange and yellow.(picture at the top) Half of the garden was split with a huge curtain to separate the guys. I thought that this was an only girls function.  

Iman toke me upstairs to get ready. The dress mama chose was yellow and had black and red design at the bottom.  I wore a hijab underneath by dupatta. Iman fought with me arguing that there were only girls but I didn't care I still wore it. Once I went out everyone was busy in conversation my heart was beating fast. I wasn't use to being the center of attention. 

Aliyah came and sat next to me

Aliyah came and sat next to me. After a while, everyone started singing Indian songs that I didn't know. Two girls that I didn't know came and started putting henna on my hands, Iman was to lazy to. I really hated henna the smell and just the fact that it stays on for such a long time. Half way through the  girl on the right hand stopped because Iman was whispering something in her ears. Iman looked at me and smirked. The girl started doing the henna I watched and then my eyes grew wide she was writing Aayans name on my hand  my cheeks were burning. I was about to pull my hand back but the girl was done. I can't do anything now.

"Iman your gonna pay for this," I said Iman started laughing. Aliyah came and laughed taking a picture of the henna.

Once the henna was  done. I was told to go inside to eat Iman was gonna help me eat since the henna was still a little wet. Iman told me to inside and said that she was going to come. I went inside and suddenly I hit a hard chest. 

I looked up and saw Aayan. I froze why was he here. He had his dark brown hair perfectly done and he was wearing a Brown shalwar kameez with a colourful scarf hanging around his neck. I lowered my gaze. 

"I-I  am sorry" I quickly said. I looked at my henna and it was dry thank god I could have got his cloth dirty. 

"It's fine, excuse me," he said in his husky voice and left. 

I was shocked no how are you no Sallam nothing. It felt bad but I shrugged it off.  I turned around looking where he was going. He was going towards a girl Aliyah was introducing me before. I forgot her name. I quietly went closer and watched. I know it was rude but  I was getting married to him. 

The girl seemed like she was upset. Aayan went up to her and hugged her and she cried on his shoulder. I was confused and froze in my spot. So he likes someone else. He could have said no if he didn't like me. I felt tears in my eyes. Maybe Allah wanted me to be alone. Maybe I was never actually going to find someone to love me. I tear slipped and I quickly wiped it away. 

The girl that was crying was now looking up at me and stood there and then Aayan turned around staring at me. I was angry there is no way I'm going to talk to him.He quickly let go of the girl and was coming towards me. I didn't want to face him ,I didn't want to face anyone I ran to my room and closed the door and slide down. Tears kept falling and I tried stopping them but it didn't work. 

why did he say yes? Who is that girl? questions kept running through my head and suddenly  there was a loud knock on my door.

This is a very short chapter sorry. Forgive me for my mistakes.