Chapter 5

Aayans Pov

Previous chapter:

I glanced at Ayesha who was looking down at the table with an expressionless face "It is a yes from me aunty" I replied

"Mashallah, that is very exciting news it is a yes from Ayesha as well, right Ayesha?" Aunty was looking at Ayesha who was still staring at the table.

She just simply nodded and Aliyah clapped she was soo happy.

The lunch was good. I was too busy in the conversation that Uncle was having with me and Abu that I didn't know that we spent 2 hours in the restaurant. Apparently, a coffee store here called Tim Hortons was good. I've never heard of it so we went there and bought ice cap they are very popular for that. Once we got our coffee we went to a park nearby that was near the lake for a walk. On the way there Ami said the engagement was in 2 days then after we would go back and prepare for the nikkah and Walima.See in our family the Guy side arranged the walima and the girls side arranged the nikkah and barat.

Once we got to the park Aliyah jumped out of the car and ran over to Ayesha who was still sitting in the car waiting for Rabeeah to get out, Aliyah was right she did have attitude.

Both Ayesha and Aliyah walked in front of me and Ahmed. I wanted to speak to her but it wasn't a good idea we weren't even engaged. The rest of the day went by fast we went to a mall nearby and then we went to Ayesha's house for another cup of tea. Brown people and their obsession with chai.

Ayesha's pov

The two days went by fast. I was in out of the house, I have never been out of the house this much since I was a little kid. Rabeeha and Ahmed both went crazy knowing I was actually going to be out of the house. 

Today was the day of my engagement. Mama didn't want to put on a bad impression so she bought me a new set of clothes. Many of mine are a couple of years old, I have worn them many times but they still look new.  Since Mama has invited 50 people over she didn't want to embarrass herself. 

My engagement dress was beautiful but it was really heavy. I wrapped my matching hijab around my head, I wasn't going to wear the dupatta on my head it moves to much and no way was I going to show my hair. After putting on my hijab I grabbed the dupatta and put set it on my shoulder. 

One thing that was left was the make up I had no makeup so I had no clue how I was gonna do it. Just as I was going to leave my room to ask mama the door opened. 

"assalamualaikum bride-to-be!" Iman said with joy She came in shutting the door behind her and hugged me.

"you look beautiful," Iman was adjusting my dupatta

"Thank you" I whispered

"Hey your mom gave me some makeup to put on you so sit," Iman said

"thanks but how the hell am I supposed to sit on the ground with this heavy dress" I complained

"fine stand I'm not even going to put that much on cause your sister in law was saying your husband doesn't like a lot of makeup" Iman grabbed the makeup box.

"Hold Up when did you speak to her?"  I was curious how did she even know how she looked like. 

"OH HO your mom was introducing my parents to their family and well me and Aliyah started talking, Your husband is a very interesting person" Iman commented.

"He is not my husband" I scolded 

"Okay fine baba I won't say that but he is going to be"

"yaar acha hurry up before I get yelled at for taking a long time" I didn't want to go on about this topic. I really wasn't in the mood. 

"here done" I turned around it looked nice not to much of anything.

"Thank you" before Iman could have even replied  mama came in and took me downstairs and made me sit in the family room where everyone was sitting down. All the guests came up to me and the normal sallam how are you doing etc. Half of them I didn't know and I bet they didn't know I existed till mama invited them. The guys were sitting in the living room and the girls in the family. every second that was passing made me nervous. 

Aayans mom would put the ring on me. In our family, if there was an engagement the mother of the groom would put on the ring. The nikkah the guy would put on the ring on the bride. After a while, there was a dua and Aayan's mom came in and put on the ring on my finger slowly everyone came to congratulate me. 

Aliyah wasn't leaving my side she never moved and just kept talking to me and Iman. eventually, everyone left and it was only Aayans family left. I really wanted to get out of this dress but I couldn't right now.

I was sitting in the same spot and talking to Aliyah. Till Aliyah squealed and clapped. I looked over and saw Aayan coming in the room. He was wearing a black shalwar kameez with golden designs on the collar and sleeves he looked handsome I wasn't going to lie. I quickly lowered my gaze.  

"Beta Aliyah get up let Aayan sit there" I heard Aayan's mom speak. I was about to hold on to Aliyahs arm so she could stay but she was quick to move. I was still staring at the ground. I felt the other side of the sofa sink in. I swear my heart was running a mile. Thank god he had manners, he left space between us. 

"Beta Ayesha look up we are going to take a couple of photos," Aayan's father said. 

I didn't want this at all. I looked up and plastered a smile. Everyone came and stood beside us and toke a photo. Everyone sat down and started talking I had no clue if I should start a conversation with Aayan or not. Whatever. I stared at Aaliyah who looked annoyed speaking to Rabeeah she looked over at me and smiled and gave me a talk to him face. I shake my head. 

"you look nice" I heard a whisper. 

"Thank you" I mumbled. I swear my cheeks were the color of blood.

"AWWWWWWWW LOOK THE LOVE BIRDS FINALLY TALK" Aliyah yelled 

"Oh. my. Gosh. Aliyah seriously" I heard Aayan say. Everyone else started laughing expect for papa he was glaring at me which made me look down. 

"sorry for that" Aayan mumbled 

I smiled in return I knew papa was watching. After Aayan's family left. I ate some food and tried cleaning in the heavy dress but it wasn't working. I was going upstairs to change  when someone grabbed my arm hard. I turned around it was papa. This wasn't going to be good. 

"Just because you are engaged does not mean you can go ahead and talk to people right now. Aayan is nothing to you! NOTHING. Understand. Don't go around contacting him!" Papa yelled he was twisting my skin which was hurting.

"o-ok-ay pa--papa it hurts please let go" I pleaded  

He let go of my arm and left to where mama was watching all this. I maintained my balance. I didn't feel like letting any emotions get the best of me I left upstairs and changed into comfortable clothes and prayed my namaz and read Quran. I wanted to forget everything.  

assalamualaikum :) how are you all doing?  Sorry this is a short chapter I will publish the other chapter in a little bit. I hope you enjoy this chapter tried my best to  make it better than the last one.