"Tell me more," I said through gritted teeth. Cedric broke her heart. He was a dirty old rotten Snitch. He did not deserve to be back with Meghan. I would not stand for it. It was complete and utter rubbish.

  Payton came to my rescue and entered the dormitory, sipping a glass of punch.

  "Tell you more about what?" she asked, taking a seat next to me on my bed. I sighed and turned to her, hoping she was prepared for what I was going to tell her.

  "This son of a banshee over here said something about Cedric being the love of her life and whatnot," I told Payton quickly, ignoring Meghan's gaping. "She's a complete nutter!"

  "WHAT?" bellowed Payton, standing up and dropping her punch on the ground.

  "That's what I said!" I chimed in.

  "Seriously, Megs, tell me about this or I will jelly-legs jinx you until you die," said Payton, her face inches away from Meghan's.

  "Hey! Unfair! My legs would be jelly!" said Meghan, who had had bad experiences with the jelly-legs jinx. She knew she had to tell Payton.

  "Meghan," said Payton in a warning tone.

  "Gosh you guys are so protective," said Meghan, but she did not seem to be complaining. I smiled. "Anyway," she continued, "I have forgiven him. We are back together. Lee is with someone else. Nothing you say can change that."

  "YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR MIND!" yelled Payton. "How could you forgive that scumbag?"

  "He happened to give me a logical explanation for everything," said Meghan, remaining quite calm, despite mine's and Payton's obvious disapproval.

  "He probably Imperius-ed you," said Payton.

  "What in the name of Merlin are you talking about?" said Meghan, finally cracking and losing her temper. "Don't you think I am capable of forgiving someone without being Imperius-ed? I'm not a child, Payton. I can figure things out for myself."

  "No person in their right mind would forgive someone like him. You trusted him, and he let you down. He's a cheater!" said Payton.

  I stood back watching them go at it. Both girls were standing up and fuming at each other. I didn't know what to say. I was not wanting to get involved in their stupid cat fight. They both had valid arguments. I just waited to see who would take the victory, and be the shoulder to cry on for the loser.

  "He happened to have been under the influence of a love potion," said Meghan. This was news to me.

  "Why did it take him so long to tell you that, then?" asked Payton, crossing her arms. I nodded in agreement.

  "B-because," stuttered Meghan, "he did not know that it was a love potion until Ho told him."

  "And why in the hell would she tell him?" asked Payton. Wow, Payton had some good questions.

  "Because she saw the way he looked at me," said Meghan, tears beginning to stream down her cheeks.

  That was an especially 'Aww' worthy moment, but I did not want to break the uncomfortable silence that had fallen between my two friends.

  "She said she couldn't do it to me or him anymore," said Meghan, her voice shaky.

  "I still don't think you should have forgiven him," said Payton.

  "It's not for you to decide who I forgive and who I don't forgive, O'Hara," said Meghan fiercely.

  My eyes bulged out of their sockets as I looked back and forth between the brawlers. That was an intense argument to witness. It looked like Meghan had won. Payton stood there speechless. I waited for her comeback. They did not break eye contact. I could have started singing "Do the Hippogriff" and I doubt either of them would have given me another thought.